Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things

5 posters

Go down

Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things Empty Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things

Post  majik 10/8/2011, 4:34 am

Benjaman and Hinemoa were zooming around (as pugs do) when we got home from shopping and now Hinemoa has a sore eye.I cant see anything in it and no obvious injury to it but she is keeping it closed mostly,unless you mention food! then funny enough it opens up.Its late at night here so will take her in first thing to the vets.Any advice or opinions till then ?
In my head I've already freeked it up to be awful and needing major surgery ,I'm sure i never worried this much about my kids .....
majik
majik

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things Empty Re: Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things

Post  Aussie Witch 10/8/2011, 7:10 am

Sounds like she might have given it a bit of a knock but the main thing is you noticed straight away. I would without question get the vet to look at it first thing Sunday. There's not much you can do if you don't have any proper meds, but I'm sure all will be okay until the morning. Hope it's just a very minor scratch! Let us know how you go.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things Empty Re: Sore eye, help i freek out on eye things

Post  Snifter&Toddy 10/8/2011, 8:05 am

If you have any eye lube that will not harm and may make her feel a bit more comfortable.

Sending best wishes.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 10/8/2011, 1:10 pm

If you have an all night pharmacy near by, you can pick up over the counter non medicated eye lube like Bella mentioned. A good brand is Genteal Eye Lubrication for severe dry eye (it's a gel more than a drop). Just be careful not to touch the tip to the eye. I agree that it's probably okay to wait until morning. Don't let her rub her eye or scratch at it.
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/8/2011, 3:19 pm

The Genteal is a very good idea, if you can't get it in NZ, the pharmacist can recommend something similar. Good thoughts and a prayer for Hinemoa.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  majik 10/8/2011, 3:36 pm

Awww thanks guys ,it helps having someone just say they are pretty sure it will be ok.I found some eye lube last night and put some in ,this morning it looks lots better but i think ill still take her in for a check.I'll keep you posted.
majik
majik

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/8/2011, 3:41 pm

Glad it is looking better - please do keep us posted!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  majik 10/8/2011, 5:51 pm

Thanks i just freek out so much over eye things my Samoyed lost an eye to a barley grass seed .The vet said to keep with the drops and bring her back in Monday if im still not happy with it. hug dog
majik
majik

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/8/2011, 8:49 pm

Excellent! The thing with any eye injury is getting it treated as quickly as possible. They go downhill so quickly! Hope it's better in a few days.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down