Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Excess shedding possibly due to change in fish oil or winter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Excess shedding possibly due to change in fish oil or winter?

Post  thminis on 11/30/2011, 7:13 pm

Do you guys have any thoughts on if either the change in weather (from fall to winter) or change in fish oil capsules (pet brand from petsmart to costco kirkland) causing excess shedding? I swear when I started Reggie on fish oil back in July, he virtually stopped shedding August to like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now it's horrible again. Thoughts or experience? Could a different fish oil cause this? I don't know that they were exactly the same type of oil, but it's about the same amoung of Omega 3s.
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Re: Excess shedding possibly due to change in fish oil or winter?

Post  northernwitch on 11/30/2011, 7:35 pm

Well, all my pugs except Tank shed like bastards, but I do notice that any weather change makes it worse. And if he's at all double coated, he could be blowing his coat as opposed to just shedding--and that is definitely effected (affected?) by weather changes.
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis on 11/30/2011, 7:43 pm

He is double coated. I'm really hoping it's the weather. We've had such a weird start to the colder weather, anyway (last year this time we were blizzard-ed in pretty much already).

He's been itchier lately, but we ran a thyroid panel and that's fine. I think I may be switching to grain free food if this current one doesn't help.
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top