Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

+12
Rallypug
Dayna
Old Mother Hubbard
ocnside
LisaIzzyAggy
H the P
Not Afraid
FurSprinklers
Aussie Witch
pugmom32003
Pugsavers
monkeypigs4eva
16 posters

Go down

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood Empty Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/7/2011, 4:22 pm

She is home and a little pissed off but doing well. Poor sugar bear! She will be better before we know it.

I'll post a pic when she is feeling a little better. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers and support.
Love you guys! Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 335895

p.s. the vet said the ear drum tear was most likely caused by trauma, since she doesn't have an ear infection severe enough to cause it. i asked what "trauma" was and he put his hand on my shoulder and said "given her situation, i think you know. just give her lots of love." Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood Empty Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Pugsavers 12/7/2011, 4:34 pm

Good to hear that she is home and surrounded by love. As I said before, it is not unusual for animals in homes with abuse of people to also be abused themselves. I'm sure she knows in her heart that all of that is behind her now. Bless all of you.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/7/2011, 4:53 pm

No one will ever hurt her again. They would have to get through Joe Twisted Evil and me Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 359531 first.

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 27965
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom32003 12/7/2011, 5:01 pm

Aww poor baby. So glad she has you & Joe now! Praying that she can put the ugly past WAY behind her & enjoy the good life now.

Gentle hugs to the sweet girl.
pugmom32003
pugmom32003

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/7/2011, 6:24 pm

Yep, well on her way to divahood and forgetting the miserable past life.Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 12/7/2011, 9:53 pm

Oh, I didn't realize she came from a bad home... Now she will be treated as a Queen! queen
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/7/2011, 9:58 pm

FurSprinklers wrote:Oh, I didn't realize she came from a bad home... Now she will be treated as a Queen! queen

She came from a domestic violence situation, and it went on for years and years. I hate to think of what she heard and experienced.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 12/7/2011, 10:00 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:
FurSprinklers wrote:Oh, I didn't realize she came from a bad home... Now she will be treated as a Queen! queen

She came from a domestic violence situation, and it went on for years and years. I hate to think of what she heard and experienced.

That makes me sad for her.... Hug her tight for me, when she is feeling better that is. Very Happy
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 12/8/2011, 3:26 am

I didn't realize what Wendi has experienced either. I am SOOOOO grateful she is with you!!!!! Even more so that I was before. I can't wait to see her blossom. What a miracle that is!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/8/2011, 5:30 am

Poor Wendi. No pug (or any other dog, for that matter) should have to go through that. Hugs to the dear girl. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 12/8/2011, 8:00 am

Poor little girl. But she hit the jackpot this time and I'm sure she will soon be so spoiled that she'll forget all about the past. hug dog
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood Empty @monkeypigs4eva

Post  ocnside 12/8/2011, 8:50 am

Oh how awesome that you have her, I am sure she will adjust and be loving life in no time...I can't even stay in the room when the ASPCA commercial comes on let alone imagine that this bad treatment happens all of the time.

Kudos to you!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mother Hubbard 12/8/2011, 9:44 am

Give her a big cuddle from us all.
Old Mother Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 12/8/2011, 10:57 am

Glad that she's on the road to becoming the true DIVA she always should have been.
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/8/2011, 11:07 am

Wendi says thank you!

She deserves the best. I picture her with a loving mom or dad, maybe a retired person, someone she can really bond tight with and be their world. She is THAT type of pug, the Velcro kind.

I just know her forever home is out there.

I love her but this is the beginning of a journey for us (Wendi and I); her's is to find her forever home, and mine?

Well, let's just say it is time I felt like my life means something, that I can make a difference. She is helping me get over things from my past that I didn't even know were still issues for me.

She is giving me a very important Christmas gift.

Excuse me, I have something in my eye.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 12/8/2011, 11:53 am

Awwwww...and something has gotten into my eye too.
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  Rallypug 12/8/2011, 12:38 pm

So happy Wendi is on the way to recovery! She is lucky beyond belief to have wound up in the best situation imaginable. The first dog we had in our married life was also a victim of domestic abuse. She was a little cross bred Spaniel about 10 months of age when we had the chance to adopt her from the vet's office. She had been brought in to be put down because the people were splitting up and neither wanted her. The vet refused (forever thanks to him for that) and we took her. She was incredibly nervous, shunned my husband like the plague and refused to make eye contact and ran away every chance she got. Shortly after we took her in to be spayed....the vet called and said he had something to tell us. The spay went well but he found she had multiple broken ribs that had healed on only 1 side of her body which suggested to him she had been booted against a wall! Certainly explained a lot about her behaviour. Duchess spent her life with our family in absolute love and adoration. She still hated loud voices, play fighting and hands coming towards her. She went on to have a wonderful career in dog obedience and even has a trophy named after her. I am sure Wendi has the potential to become a beloved family member for some lucky family and leave the past behind where it belongs.
Rallypug
Rallypug

Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/8/2011, 1:18 pm

A sad but wonderful story.
I believe Wendi's great attitude is due to her being a pug and also to the fact that her human mommy did love her and try to protect her as much as possible. She got love, she was obviously socialized, and she has bonded so hard to Joe it is hard to understand. We thought she would be afraid of men but instead, she loves him to distraction.

Thank you for saving Duchess. The joys of rescue are long lasting and wonderful.

Rallypug wrote:So happy Wendi is on the way to recovery! She is lucky beyond belief to have wound up in the best situation imaginable. The first dog we had in our married life was also a victim of domestic abuse. She was a little cross bred Spaniel about 10 months of age when we had the chance to adopt her from the vet's office. She had been brought in to be put down because the people were splitting up and neither wanted her. The vet refused (forever thanks to him for that) and we took her. She was incredibly nervous, shunned my husband like the plague and refused to make eye contact and ran away every chance she got. Shortly after we took her in to be spayed....the vet called and said he had something to tell us. The spay went well but he found she had multiple broken ribs that had healed on only 1 side of her body which suggested to him she had been booted against a wall! Certainly explained a lot about her behaviour. Duchess spent her life with our family in absolute love and adoration. She still hated loud voices, play fighting and hands coming towards her. She went on to have a wonderful career in dog obedience and even has a trophy named after her. I am sure Wendi has the potential to become a beloved family member for some lucky family and leave the past behind where it belongs.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/8/2011, 1:36 pm

Go Wendi!!

It is amazing how resilient some dogs can be, especially pugs.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 12/8/2011, 2:49 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:No one will ever hurt her again. They would have to get through Joe Twisted Evil and me Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 359531 first.

Methinks we may have a foster failure in our midst. Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 977583
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/8/2011, 2:53 pm

GingerSnap wrote:
monkeypigs4eva wrote:No one will ever hurt her again. They would have to get through Joe Twisted Evil and me Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 359531 first.

Methinks we may have a foster failure in our midst. Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood 977583

Nope. Her forever person is out there. I need to keep fostering.

We are only allowed 2 dogs in our present townhouse. Calvin is our resident dog, Wendy is our foster...and if we adopted her, we couldn't foster anymore. I will never have more than that number without permission and I have yet to get permission. So fostering is what we are doing, at least until we either get permission, own our own home, or have a new rental with permission for three dogs in writing.

No failure here! If we need to keep her for a month, a year, four years, it doesn't matter. I love her no matter what.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/8/2011, 5:02 pm

Aww, I am leaking all over my keyboard. Bless you a million times, Kim, and gentle hugs to the lovely Miss Wendi as she starts her journey to divahood and discovering her inner fawn-ness.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  lisamak 12/8/2011, 8:01 pm

So glad she's doing well and her forever family is out there, I'm sure.
lisamak
lisamak

Number of posts : 160

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down