Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 12/7/2011, 4:22 pm

She is home and a little pissed off but doing well. Poor sugar bear! She will be better before we know it.

I'll post a pic when she is feeling a little better. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers and support.
Love you guys!

p.s. the vet said the ear drum tear was most likely caused by trauma, since she doesn't have an ear infection severe enough to cause it. i asked what "trauma" was and he put his hand on my shoulder and said "given her situation, i think you know. just give her lots of love." Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
avatar
monkeypigs4eva
 
 

Number of posts : 1892
Location : Mesa, Arizona

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Pugsavers on 12/7/2011, 4:34 pm

Good to hear that she is home and surrounded by love. As I said before, it is not unusual for animals in homes with abuse of people to also be abused themselves. I'm sure she knows in her heart that all of that is behind her now. Bless all of you.
avatar
Pugsavers
 
 

Number of posts : 1541
Location : Sacramento, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 12/7/2011, 4:53 pm

No one will ever hurt her again. They would have to get through Joe Twisted Evil and me first.

avatar
monkeypigs4eva
 
 

Number of posts : 1892
Location : Mesa, Arizona

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  pugmom32003 on 12/7/2011, 5:01 pm

Aww poor baby. So glad she has you & Joe now! Praying that she can put the ugly past WAY behind her & enjoy the good life now.

Gentle hugs to the sweet girl.
avatar
pugmom32003
 
 

Number of posts : 307
Location : West Columbia, SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Aussie Witch on 12/7/2011, 6:24 pm

Yep, well on her way to divahood and forgetting the miserable past life.
avatar
Aussie Witch
 
 

Number of posts : 8556
Location : The Antipodes.

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  FurSprinklers on 12/7/2011, 9:53 pm

Oh, I didn't realize she came from a bad home... Now she will be treated as a Queen! queen
avatar
FurSprinklers
 
 

Number of posts : 675
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 12/7/2011, 9:58 pm

FurSprinklers wrote:Oh, I didn't realize she came from a bad home... Now she will be treated as a Queen! queen

She came from a domestic violence situation, and it went on for years and years. I hate to think of what she heard and experienced.
avatar
monkeypigs4eva
 
 

Number of posts : 1892
Location : Mesa, Arizona

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  FurSprinklers on 12/7/2011, 10:00 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:
FurSprinklers wrote:Oh, I didn't realize she came from a bad home... Now she will be treated as a Queen! queen

She came from a domestic violence situation, and it went on for years and years. I hate to think of what she heard and experienced.


That makes me sad for her.... Hug her tight for me, when she is feeling better that is. Very Happy
avatar
FurSprinklers
 
 

Number of posts : 675
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Not Afraid on 12/8/2011, 3:26 am

I didn't realize what Wendi has experienced either. I am SOOOOO grateful she is with you!!!!! Even more so that I was before. I can't wait to see her blossom. What a miracle that is!
avatar
Not Afraid
 
 

Number of posts : 5095
Location : Long Beach, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  H the P on 12/8/2011, 5:30 am

Poor Wendi. No pug (or any other dog, for that matter) should have to go through that. Hugs to the dear girl. hug dog

H the P
 
 

Number of posts : 1241
Location : Essex, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  LisaIzzyAggy on 12/8/2011, 8:00 am

Poor little girl. But she hit the jackpot this time and I'm sure she will soon be so spoiled that she'll forget all about the past. hug dog
avatar
LisaIzzyAggy
 
 

Number of posts : 3001
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

@monkeypigs4eva

Post  ocnside on 12/8/2011, 8:50 am

Oh how awesome that you have her, I am sure she will adjust and be loving life in no time...I can't even stay in the room when the ASPCA commercial comes on let alone imagine that this bad treatment happens all of the time.

Kudos to you!
avatar
ocnside
 
 

Number of posts : 718
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Old Mother Hubbard on 12/8/2011, 9:44 am

Give her a big cuddle from us all.
avatar
Old Mother Hubbard
 
 

Number of posts : 257
Location : Sunny Santa Fe NM

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Dayna on 12/8/2011, 10:57 am

Glad that she's on the road to becoming the true DIVA she always should have been.
avatar
Dayna
 
 

Number of posts : 1600
Location : NW GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 12/8/2011, 11:07 am

Wendi says thank you!

She deserves the best. I picture her with a loving mom or dad, maybe a retired person, someone she can really bond tight with and be their world. She is THAT type of pug, the Velcro kind.

I just know her forever home is out there.

I love her but this is the beginning of a journey for us (Wendi and I); her's is to find her forever home, and mine?

Well, let's just say it is time I felt like my life means something, that I can make a difference. She is helping me get over things from my past that I didn't even know were still issues for me.

She is giving me a very important Christmas gift.

Excuse me, I have something in my eye.
avatar
monkeypigs4eva
 
 

Number of posts : 1892
Location : Mesa, Arizona

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Dayna on 12/8/2011, 11:53 am

Awwwww...and something has gotten into my eye too.
avatar
Dayna
 
 

Number of posts : 1600
Location : NW GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Rallypug on 12/8/2011, 12:38 pm

So happy Wendi is on the way to recovery! She is lucky beyond belief to have wound up in the best situation imaginable. The first dog we had in our married life was also a victim of domestic abuse. She was a little cross bred Spaniel about 10 months of age when we had the chance to adopt her from the vet's office. She had been brought in to be put down because the people were splitting up and neither wanted her. The vet refused (forever thanks to him for that) and we took her. She was incredibly nervous, shunned my husband like the plague and refused to make eye contact and ran away every chance she got. Shortly after we took her in to be spayed....the vet called and said he had something to tell us. The spay went well but he found she had multiple broken ribs that had healed on only 1 side of her body which suggested to him she had been booted against a wall! Certainly explained a lot about her behaviour. Duchess spent her life with our family in absolute love and adoration. She still hated loud voices, play fighting and hands coming towards her. She went on to have a wonderful career in dog obedience and even has a trophy named after her. I am sure Wendi has the potential to become a beloved family member for some lucky family and leave the past behind where it belongs.
avatar
Rallypug
 
 

Number of posts : 253
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 12/8/2011, 1:18 pm

A sad but wonderful story.
I believe Wendi's great attitude is due to her being a pug and also to the fact that her human mommy did love her and try to protect her as much as possible. She got love, she was obviously socialized, and she has bonded so hard to Joe it is hard to understand. We thought she would be afraid of men but instead, she loves him to distraction.

Thank you for saving Duchess. The joys of rescue are long lasting and wonderful.

Rallypug wrote:So happy Wendi is on the way to recovery! She is lucky beyond belief to have wound up in the best situation imaginable. The first dog we had in our married life was also a victim of domestic abuse. She was a little cross bred Spaniel about 10 months of age when we had the chance to adopt her from the vet's office. She had been brought in to be put down because the people were splitting up and neither wanted her. The vet refused (forever thanks to him for that) and we took her. She was incredibly nervous, shunned my husband like the plague and refused to make eye contact and ran away every chance she got. Shortly after we took her in to be spayed....the vet called and said he had something to tell us. The spay went well but he found she had multiple broken ribs that had healed on only 1 side of her body which suggested to him she had been booted against a wall! Certainly explained a lot about her behaviour. Duchess spent her life with our family in absolute love and adoration. She still hated loud voices, play fighting and hands coming towards her. She went on to have a wonderful career in dog obedience and even has a trophy named after her. I am sure Wendi has the potential to become a beloved family member for some lucky family and leave the past behind where it belongs.
avatar
monkeypigs4eva
 
 

Number of posts : 1892
Location : Mesa, Arizona

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Renee on 12/8/2011, 1:36 pm

Go Wendi!!

It is amazing how resilient some dogs can be, especially pugs.
avatar
Renee
 
 

Number of posts : 5694
Location : Anchorage Alaska

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  GingerSnap on 12/8/2011, 2:49 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:No one will ever hurt her again. They would have to get through Joe Twisted Evil and me first.

Methinks we may have a foster failure in our midst.
avatar
GingerSnap
 

Number of posts : 3547
Location : Williamsburg VA

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 12/8/2011, 2:53 pm

GingerSnap wrote:
monkeypigs4eva wrote:No one will ever hurt her again. They would have to get through Joe Twisted Evil and me first.

Methinks we may have a foster failure in our midst.

Nope. Her forever person is out there. I need to keep fostering.

We are only allowed 2 dogs in our present townhouse. Calvin is our resident dog, Wendy is our foster...and if we adopted her, we couldn't foster anymore. I will never have more than that number without permission and I have yet to get permission. So fostering is what we are doing, at least until we either get permission, own our own home, or have a new rental with permission for three dogs in writing.

No failure here! If we need to keep her for a month, a year, four years, it doesn't matter. I love her no matter what.
avatar
monkeypigs4eva
 
 

Number of posts : 1892
Location : Mesa, Arizona

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Pugsaunt on 12/8/2011, 5:02 pm

Aww, I am leaking all over my keyboard. Bless you a million times, Kim, and gentle hugs to the lovely Miss Wendi as she starts her journey to divahood and discovering her inner fawn-ness.
avatar
Pugsaunt
 
 

Number of posts : 6877
Location : On the shores of Penny's Marina in Sparks, NV

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  lisamak on 12/8/2011, 8:01 pm

So glad she's doing well and her forever family is out there, I'm sure.
avatar
lisamak
 
 

Number of posts : 160
Location : Boston, MA

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wendi, on the Journey to Divahood

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum