Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wendi update

+6
northernwitch
Mel
H the P
MackandMattiesMom
Pugsaunt
monkeypigs4eva
10 posters

Go down

Wendi update Empty Wendi update

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/12/2011, 3:23 pm

First off, I am "knocking wood" while I type this.

She is doing amazingly well. Little to no drainage from eye area or mouth. Breath is sweet and clean. Still on gruel, but eating like a champ. Doesn't seem to even NOTICE the stitches on her eyelids or her lack of an organ that was obviously causing her horrid pain. Stitches are checked and probably removed on Friday. I look forward to getting the result of her valley fever test (a must do in AZ, especially with unknown back injury) and to getting the doc's recommendation on her adaptability.

She never does that ragged panting and pacing anymore--the way she was the first week she was here. It is like the cause of her anxiety has been removed. She is relaxed!

Joe loves her. I love her. I know someone SPECIAL will love her, but she does have major issues. Totally blind, with only one tiny eye. Little to no hearing in one ear. Definite disc issues and mobility/elimination issues.

BUT she is fabulous. She is a diva. She loves people, food, love, baths, slow walks, sitting on laps, rubs with a towel, sleeping and farting. She is learning to play and considering cuddling with her beagle bro. The perfect pug in so many ways; really all of them, in my book.

I am not a foster failure, but we would be willing to be her hospice family if she isn't adoptable. Either way, she is here until her forever family or person comes along. I want someone to love her and care for her and bond with her and be with her until the day she goes to the bridge.

Can you tell I am in love??
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Wendi update Empty Re: Wendi update

Post  Pugsaunt 12/12/2011, 3:34 pm

I don't think she is going anywhere. She has found her home and is in the process of wrapping you, Joe, and Calvin around her paw. I'm so glad that she is doing well, and am not surprised that she is much happier without that eye. Please give her a gentle hug from me.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/12/2011, 3:39 pm

Oh yeah, did I mention she officially has a voice? It sounds like a famous southern movie diva....fiddle-dee-dee...
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/12/2011, 3:44 pm

Why am I not surprised? Yup, wrapping you around her paw.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/12/2011, 4:11 pm

Of course you're not a foster failure. Yet.

Glad she's doing so well and fitting in wonderfully.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/13/2011, 8:33 am

Yes, the words "wrapped around tiny paw" immediately sprang to mind here too ... !!! hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 12/13/2011, 1:50 pm

She's so lucky to have you! I'll bet all that panting was pain, huh? makes you sad to think about it, but it's all behind her now. She's even got a beagle slave to bathe her. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 12/13/2011, 2:01 pm

Mel wrote:She's so lucky to have you! I'll bet all that panting was pain, huh? makes you sad to think about it, but it's all behind her now. She's even got a beagle slave to bathe her. Very Happy

Exactly! All that panting and paw licking, classic signs of pain and stress. Of course we knew there was stress from being in a new place, but we underestimated the pain. All behind her now!!!

And Calvin is in LURVVVVVVV Wink
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/13/2011, 4:20 pm

Wendi now has you all wrapped around her paw. And I, for one, am thrilled for everyone.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/13/2011, 7:26 pm

That raggedy loud breathing deal is really common in pugs when they first come into foster care, in my experience. It's usually stress and anxiety related--might also have been pain with her. Most stop after they've settled.

Good to hear she's doing so well.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 12/13/2011, 10:01 pm

Way to go Wendi. Maybe "Foster Failure" is too negative a term. Congrats to you both (if she stays).
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 12/14/2011, 11:03 am

Wendi and Calvin, sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Laughing Glad to hear that she's doing so well! Wendi update 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaW 12/15/2011, 1:23 am

So happy she is doing so well. What is meant to be, is meant to be. So whatever happens will be a happy ending, whether she stays with you or finds another forever home. She is getting healthy & is loved. What more can she want? Bless you for helping her. hug dog
LisaW
LisaW

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/15/2011, 5:30 am

It's great she's doing so well. Who wouldn't with all the extra-special TLC she is being lavished with? Wendi update 335895

I'm glad you're happy to have her for the long-haul, whatever the universe decides.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down