Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

MCT Information needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MCT Information needed

Post  Miss Pit on 12/16/2011, 11:20 pm

Wasn't there an informative post some where regarding MCTs? The deaf boxer I helped with,also HW positive, has cancer and he's going under the knife on Tuesday. Fostermom is freaking out,so I want to give her as much information as possible about this type of cancer. I could have sworn I read it here. I did a search and nothing came up. If anyone has information filed away and wouldn't mind sharing it,you can email it to me at tvschwartz @ yahoo.com I've been having a heck of a time getting on PA lately.

Thank you,

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Re: MCT Information needed

Post  Aussie Witch on 12/16/2011, 11:48 pm

I have a ton of experience with them, why don't you ask the foster mum to email me with any questions she may have? I can certainly give her a positive spin on it. I'm rona @ bigpond . net .au.
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit on 12/17/2011, 12:18 am

Aussie Witch wrote:I have a ton of experience with them, why don't you ask the foster mum to email me with any questions she may have? I can certainly give her a positive spin on it. I'm rona @ bigpond . net .au.

That would be splendid!! And Rona.....I don't care what everyone else says,you aren't a big meanie

Thank you,

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch on 12/17/2011, 1:13 am

Miss Pit wrote:That would be splendid!! And Rona.....I don't care what everyone else says,you aren't a big meanie

Thank you,

Trish

But I AM!! Laughing
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 on 12/18/2011, 11:29 am

There are some links in this thread that should be helpful:

http://www.pugauthority.com/t5472-cancer
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom on 12/18/2011, 3:52 pm

First, tell her to take a deep breath. MCTs can be scary, but there's no need to panic. It completely depends on the grade of the MCT and whether they're able to get clean margins. Grace has a Grade 2 (lowest is 1, highest is 3) with clean margins, so no need for any follow-up treatment. That was 4 1/2 years ago and she's never had a recurrence.
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on 12/18/2011, 4:55 pm

dieselsmom wrote:First, tell her to take a deep breath. MCTs can be scary, but there's no need to panic. It completely depends on the grade of the MCT and whether they're able to get clean margins. Grace has a Grade 2 (lowest is 1, highest is 3) with clean margins, so no need for any follow-up treatment. That was 4 1/2 years ago and she's never had a recurrence.
I agree with Rachel. Lucy also had a grade 2 with clean margins. That was over a year ago and we haven't had any other issues. She had a bump a few months ago that I was really worried about but we got it aspirated and it was just a benign lump and has since gone away completely. The difficult thing with MCTs is that they can all look very different. Some can look exactly the same and be different types of bump. The benign bump Lucy had looked exactly like her MCT. Rona has a ton of experience and I'm sure can help ease the mind of the foster mom. Some people certainly do have issues with recurring MCTs but even that doesn't mean they're necessarily going to cause health complications, aside from the surgery needed to remove them.

Amanda, mom to Nell, Lucy & Ava
www.littlebeanshop.etsy.com
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top