Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

OK, Tell me I am not crazy for doing this UPDATE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OK, Tell me I am not crazy for doing this UPDATE

Post  Pugsaunt on 1/7/2012, 5:35 pm

Heart murmurs (in humans, and I am assuming in dogs, too) are graded from 1-5 based on how loud they are through the stethoscope. Grade 1 means that you think you hear it, but you aren't positive. Grade 2 is yes, I hear something; Grade 3 you can here without pressing the stethoscope completely down on the chest; Grade 4 you can hear before you get the stethoscope down onto the chest; and Grade 5 you can hear without a stethoscope. Instead of lub-dub, you hear lub-swish or swish-dub. In all my nursing years, I only had one patient with a grade 5. You could hear it just by putting your ear near his chest. Amazing.

All of this is to say that the vast vast majority of murmurs are Grades 1 or 2. A 3, 4, or 5 would probably have been picked up in a prior vet exam. And Grades 1 and 2 can come and go, and people (and furkids) live long and happy lives with them.

And that being said, I would still get it checked out.
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch on 1/7/2012, 11:04 pm

In dogs heart murmurs are graded 1 to 6. I've had cats and dogs with them. Theo had a grade 4/5 and never had any issues and it wasn't what ended his life. He would get hot and cold faster than most, but that was the only symptom he ever had. Mitral valve murmurs are pretty common in small dogs.

Here's some info on murmurs in dogs:

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Canine_Heart_Murmur
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber on 1/11/2012, 6:08 pm

Donna, did you have the vet appointment yet? I'm curious to know how it turned out!

Also, this is a testament to how sleep deprived I am, but I looked at your avatar and thought "When did Donna get French Bulldogs?" And then I realized Viv and Stewie just have their ears turned. Shocked
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl on 1/11/2012, 10:17 pm

for what it's worth, Linda did a reading for us, and in that reading she mentioned "Bello's stomach problems" or something like that. At the time...I had no idea.

Bello had major surgery right before Christmas b/c of his stomach problems. I can't say what it is exactly, but I'm a believer in Linda. she's amazing, and very generous.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl on 1/11/2012, 11:17 pm

Donna - yes, it was a little over 3 weeks ago. I posted about it (some) on FB, but was so exhausted I didn't really have the chance to post about it here. He's doing really well now, thank goodness! Little punk gave me quite a scare.

And I agree - if she says keep an eye on something, then keep an eye on it.

Donna wrote:

TxAllieGrl wrote:for what it's worth, Linda did a reading for us, and in that reading she mentioned "Bello's stomach problems" or something like that. At the time...I had no idea.

Bello had major surgery right before Christmas b/c of his stomach problems. I can't say what it is exactly, but I'm a believer in Linda. she's amazing, and very generous.

Allie was this this past Christmas? if so I'm sorry I missed it, I hope she is ok now.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 1/12/2012, 1:25 am

I totally just emailed Linda. I hope she can help me.
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 1/12/2012, 9:28 am

I am glad that all of this has helped you Donna. I thought you had posted before that Linda didn't charge you for the first reading because nothing made sense to you.

I look at it like this... if she gives me things to keep my eye on with the dogs, I get it checked out. How many times have we thought, "If they can only tell us what is going on?" I have been grateful for her help figuring out all of Peachy's medical issues. I believe for the first time in three years, we are finally getting a handle on some of this medical stuff. Instead of aging in three years, she is getting younger because things are getting fixed. I love that.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 1/12/2012, 10:25 am

Donna wrote:
Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:I am glad that all of this has helped you Donna. I thought you had posted before that Linda didn't charge you for the first reading because nothing made sense to you.

She did not charge me because she asked me if I believed in all this and I said i used to but I stopped, I grew up in a house of psychic craziness! my parents were very much into the whole thing, we would have aurora reading, etc at our house almost weekly, I totally believed in in and would not do a thing without contacting a psychic first.
When I became a young adult I thought this is crazy I have free will and I totally stopped believing in it. She really wanted me to believe in it again so she didn't charge me for the reading.

She is very generous like that. And, I am glad it helped. I think things flow in and out of lives for a reason.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber on 1/12/2012, 10:56 am

Thanks for the update and the compliment on my girls! I'm curious to see what if anything you find out about Stewie's heart so keep us posted!
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 on 1/28/2012, 12:53 pm

I'm interested in all of this, too, and now more persuaded to get a reading for the boys (and me?). Keep us posted, Donna; and Allie, I haven't been online much, either, for a variety of reasons, but I'm glad to hear Bello is doing better!
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel on 1/28/2012, 3:42 pm

Donna wrote:
Eph91 wrote:I'm interested in all of this, too, and now more persuaded to get a reading for the boys (and me?). Keep us posted, Donna; and Allie, I haven't been online much, either, for a variety of reasons, but I'm glad to hear Bello is doing better!

I have an apt Tuesday, now how do I explain to my vet that a psychic told me !!

just say you may or may not believe it, but for peace of mind, get him tested. Wink

good luck!
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 1/28/2012, 4:20 pm

Mel wrote:
Donna wrote:
Eph91 wrote:I'm interested in all of this, too, and now more persuaded to get a reading for the boys (and me?). Keep us posted, Donna; and Allie, I haven't been online much, either, for a variety of reasons, but I'm glad to hear Bello is doing better!

I have an apt Tuesday, now how do I explain to my vet that a psychic told me !!

just say you may or may not believe it, but for peace of mind, get him tested. Wink

good luck!

That is what I tell my vet too... and 2/2 it has been spot on, which leaves my vet shaking her head every time.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top