Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Stewie's vet visits update.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stewie's vet visits update.....

Post  Guest on 2/1/2012, 7:41 am

So Stewie had two vet appointments yesterday, first he went to the eye doctor who said he was completely blind in his right eye so there is nothing I can do to save any vision that my reg vet thought he might have had, his left eye is perfectly fine.

He then came to work and hung out in my office with my fathers whippet (and my father) while I covered lunches then off to the second vet.

He had blood work taken to check his kidneys because of the amount of water he has been drinking then he had an x-ray for his heart, I told him about Linda's reading and he was very receptive of it. The x-ray came back fine so did his blood work, he then did a new test, a Pro BNP, the blood work needs to be sent to NJ so we have to wait for the test results to come back, but so far so good.

Now I am taking Viv in next week for the same, she has had a few spells over the past summer and one again just recently so it's her turn. Then it's my turn, I had some heart pain yesterday so now I'm thinking maybe Linda is picking up on me, heart disease runs in my family. You just never know.

After I pay for Viv bill next week it might be a record, but peace of mind is priceless right!

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewie's vet visits update.....

Post  ocnside on 2/1/2012, 8:09 am

I hope you all get good results :)
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  PugMomto3 on 2/1/2012, 8:31 am

Positive vibes for good results for all!
PugMomto3

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter on 2/1/2012, 9:10 am

Positive vibes for all of you.

How is Stewie doing with one working eye?
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2/1/2012, 10:35 am

juneau hunter wrote:How is Stewie doing with one working eye?

eh, he bumps into things all the time, wacks into door, tables, anything that is on his right side. As we were going into the vets office he walked right into the glass door!

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs on 2/1/2012, 1:32 pm

Donna wrote:eh, he bumps into things all the time, wacks into door, tables, anything that is on his right side. As we were going into the vets office he walked right into the glass door!
Bless his little half-blind heart!

Donna, you're absolutely right, peace of mind is worth plenty! I'm glad things are checking out well for Stewie, and that you're following up by going in yourself. Too often I think we all take immaculate care of our pugs, whisking them to the vet for every little sniffle, and we ignore our own health. Good for you!
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on 2/1/2012, 2:23 pm

So very true - peace of mind is priceless!!

There are worse things than being blind in one eye. I am sure Stewie doesn't even care one bit!
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2/1/2012, 3:18 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:
Donna wrote:eh, he bumps into things all the time, wacks into door, tables, anything that is on his right side. As we were going into the vets office he walked right into the glass door!
Bless his little half-blind heart!

Donna, you're absolutely right, peace of mind is worth plenty! I'm glad things are checking out well for Stewie, and that you're following up by going in yourself. Too often I think we all take immaculate care of our pugs, whisking them to the vet for every little sniffle, and we ignore our own health. Good for you!

Of course I've made an appt for Viv but can't seem to find the time to make one for me but I have time to be on here!

Renee wrote:So very true - peace of mind is priceless!!

There are worse things than being blind in one eye. I am sure Stewie doesn't even care one bit!

He could care less, he is a pretty simple guy which is one of the things I adore about him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2/1/2012, 8:04 pm

His BNP test came back, no signs of heart disease...yea!

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs on 2/1/2012, 8:56 pm

Awesome! Way to go, Stewie!

Now you can (hopefully) relax a little, knowing there aren't any imminent problems with him. It's time to take care of YOU now, okay?
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Norton's Mom on 2/1/2012, 10:30 pm

Donna,
I have had two conversations in the past few days regarding women and how we ignore our own health issues. We are quick to call 911 for others but when it comes to ourselves, we ignore the symptoms of potential health issues. Women have completely different symptoms when it comes to heart issues. Please go get yourself checked out - especially for Viv and Stewie!
Norton's Mom

Number of posts : 510

http://www.snaphappygirl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch on 2/2/2012, 12:13 am

Good thoughts for good results all round, Donna!
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2/2/2012, 7:46 am

Norton's Mom wrote:Donna,
I have had two conversations in the past few days regarding women and how we ignore our own health issues. We are quick to call 911 for others but when it comes to ourselves, we ignore the symptoms of potential health issues. Women have completely different symptoms when it comes to heart issues. Please go get yourself checked out - especially for Viv and Stewie!

I hate hate going to the doc but don't mind taking care of the pugs first but I promise I iwll make an apt cross my heart!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt on 2/3/2012, 6:05 pm

Donna, please make an appointment for yourself, and do it now!!! Women do present very differently than men do with heart problems. The #1 thing is extreme tiredness without an immediate reason. Back pain is big, too. We love you and want you to be around for a looooong time, and so do Viv and Stewie!

Lecture over. And good news on Stewie and Viv.
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top