Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Anyone know of something comparable to Purina EN?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone know of something comparable to Purina EN?

Post  good2go on 2/7/2012, 9:07 pm

By that I mean is there any food out there that's easier to find which does the same thing as EN. It was "prescribed" by my vet today as my little guy has diarhea really badly. However, in trying to find it someplace other than the vets I'm having a hard time. So, I was wondering if there was anything else that is just like it, but easier to find in places like Wally world or Petco, etc. TIA for any advice.

good2go

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone know of something comparable to Purina EN?

Post  northernwitch on 2/7/2012, 9:11 pm

A lot depends on what's causing the diarrhea. Do you know?

when my dogs have diarrhea, I make boiled chicken--no skin no fat--with overcooked white rice and some canned pure pumpkin. And I add a non-dairy, lactose free acidophilus capsule to help keep the good flora in the gut going.

Most of the vet diets are just that--vet diets that can only be purchased in a vet's office.
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top