Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine

+5
Rebecca and the Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs
Mel
Aussie Witch
Pugsavers
9 posters

Go down

We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine Empty We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine

Post  Pugsavers 2/10/2012, 10:52 pm

So PugSavers is going to do this wine tasting and bottling fundraiser in early June. Its at a winery indoors, so there won't be pugs there, but we will be doing a specialty bottling of a white, a red and a port that we can have special labels for!

But I have no clue what to call this thing...we used to do "Black and Fawn Gala" when we had the pugs there but without the pugs, I need some help. We also need some ideas for the copy for the wines.

Any suggestions??
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine Empty Re: We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine

Post  Aussie Witch 2/11/2012, 12:16 am

"A Fine Vintage - Pugs on the Vine"?

I'll think of some more and try and incorporate pugs and wine some way.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine Empty Re: We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine

Post  Mel 2/11/2012, 1:58 am

so I googled "pug" and "wine" and there's a site called Pug Wine! Drinking

http://www.pugwine.com/
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 2/11/2012, 11:09 am

What a fun idea! I do like myself a nice glass of wine with dinner (or port after dinner! Though it has been awhile since I have had a nice dessert wine!)

What about Vino for Vet Bills (just kidding...sort of Laughing )

Do you have some poster pugs that can be played on for the wine bottles? A fawn for the white and a black for the red? A super sweet pug for the port? Name the bottles after a few certain pugs in PugSavers to help personalize it?
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/11/2012, 11:13 am

Mel wrote:so I googled "pug" and "wine" and there's a site called Pug Wine! Drinking

http://www.pugwine.com/
Mel, the people that own Pug Wine are members of the Northern California Pug Club.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 2/11/2012, 11:21 am

Given that if you are going to do wine tasting properly you should sniff, sip and spit out (the last one I consider to be sacrilege, but still...) maybe you could call the event "Snort, Slurp and Spit."

Maybe call one of the wines Pug Glug.

If they shed, drink red.
If they fight, drink white.
If they snort, drink port.

Just throwing out stuff as I think of it...
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 2/11/2012, 4:54 pm

Damn. Bella's a good brainstormer!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 2/11/2012, 5:09 pm

I like the snort and port bit...maybe Pug Snort Port...as long a someone doesn't think it says Pug SNOT!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/11/2012, 6:24 pm

Pugsavers wrote:I like the snort and port bit...maybe Pug Snort Port...as long a someone doesn't think it says Pug SNOT!
Pug Snot.... we all have seen it.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/11/2012, 7:19 pm

Pug Snot Red, Eye Booger White, and Butt Juice Port? Oh, wait, no, we want people to drink the wines!!!!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 2/11/2012, 9:04 pm

Pinot for Pugs! We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine 335895 We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine 977583

which is ironic as grapes are bad for doggies...We need some brainstorming for the name of an event...and wine 6260
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/11/2012, 9:06 pm

Pug Pour?
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/12/2012, 3:27 am

I got Chris involved and here's the results our brainstorming session:

Flat On Your Face might be a good name for the event - being a wine tasting an all. Laughing

Smashed Face Red
Wrinkle White
Pug Snort Port
Tipsy Pug Port
Pug's Muddle
Pug's Blush
Pug Kiss White
Blanc d'Fawn
Pug Blanc
Pug Noir

Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/13/2012, 5:48 pm

Black Diva Delight White?

And I would buy a bottle of Pug Snort Port in a hot minute!!!!!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/13/2012, 7:38 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:Black Diva Delight White?

That chocolate port is amazing Nancy!
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/14/2012, 5:08 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:Black Diva Delight White?

That chocolate port is amazing Nancy!
I love good port, and a chocolate port sounds wonderful!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down