Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Constipated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constipated

Post  Miss Pugg on 3/7/2012, 1:32 pm

I have a call into Jasmine's vet but he's always so busy, he might not call back until late aft. She's constipated and while she sometimes has luck, she can spend a lot of time trying to 'go'. Always before, she had diarrhea and more diarrhea. Can anyone give me a hint of what to do? I have no clue, never had a dog who was constipated.....TY
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Re: Constipated

Post  Aussie Witch on 3/7/2012, 1:53 pm

I'm sorry Joanne, no advice, but I am sure someone else will jump in. Hope she can pass it soon!
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom on 3/7/2012, 2:41 pm

I don't know how strict her diet is with everything she's gone through, but can Jasmine have pumpkin? My dad's mini-doxie was straining to poop and a small bit of pumpkin each day has helped tremendously.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy on 3/7/2012, 6:14 pm

I have found that some fresh plum loosens things up, if she is allowed that.
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Constipated

Post  Miss Pugg on 3/7/2012, 11:25 pm

He called back shortly after I posted this and suggested Metamucil, tsp. once a day or possibly twice if once doesn't work. She's allergic to most everything and while I used to use pumpkin with her, I can no longer do that. I fretted over how to get the Metamucil down her, no worry, just mix it up and spoon feed it to her. She loves it! Poor thing is still so skinny but has a tremendous appetite, even without Prednisone (he doesn't want to start her back on it until he sees her in 10 days). Thanks for all your suggestions, I was clueless.
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top