Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My geriatric pug vet visit

+4
ocnside
SacramentoPugs
Renee
pugmom
8 posters

Go down

My geriatric pug vet visit Empty My geriatric pug vet visit

Post  pugmom 3/22/2012, 1:29 pm

I had Ty to see his vet for a check-up. For a 14-16 year old pug, Dr. Chuck thinks Ty is in pretty good shape and told me to keep doing what I was doing!

Dr. Chuck says Ty's heart sounds good. Ty has some congestion in his system that he cannot cough up but vet says that is not unusal for an old dog. One eye has a tiny ulcer right in the middle and I no longer have to use anything but tear drops for that eye. No vision in it. The other eye has jst a bit of vision and I still use the Neo-poly-dex twice a day. Ty's ears are good although he has had no hearing since before I adopted him. His weight is good as long as he does not gain any more weight. Dr. Chuck says his legs work good for an old pug. Ty pretty much only curls his tail when he knows his food dish is near and when I come home after being gone.

Ty seems to sleep more and more and want to walk and sniff less and less. Makes me sad. Crying or Very sad However, he still enjoys every meal. Though he makes a terrible mess because he has so few teeth. Ty also pees and poops pretty much on schedule. So can be thankful for that. At this point I feel Ty is still enjoying his pampered life style.

Oh yes, Ty did get what Dr. Chuck said would be his last rabies shot. Ty did not get anything else because of his age but still keeping him on heartworm pills.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

My geriatric pug vet visit Empty Re: My geriatric pug vet visit

Post  Renee 3/22/2012, 1:43 pm

Sounds like a positive vet visit overall. These pugs - happy as clams to just get love and good food. Don't care a bit about sight or hearing.

So, lets see a pic of this elderly gentlepug! Very Happy
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 3/22/2012, 2:07 pm

I just love hearing about senior pugs who are thriving. It's such a wonderful thing.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 3/22/2012, 2:40 pm

Yay Ty My geriatric pug vet visit 335895
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/22/2012, 2:45 pm

Sounds like Ty has some good years left. Well done for making sure he has those years getting the best care possible.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 3/22/2012, 5:55 pm

Ty sounds as if he is doing much better than my geriatric mom. Hugs to him for happiness in however many years he has left, and may they be many!My geriatric pug vet visit 335895
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 3/22/2012, 5:58 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:I just love hearing about senior pugs who are thriving. It's such a wonderful thing.
Dee Dee, come by and visit Moose one day. He is so wonderful.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 3/23/2012, 1:29 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
SacramentoPugs wrote:I just love hearing about senior pugs who are thriving. It's such a wonderful thing.
I really should! He sounds like such a classically awesome senior fellow.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/23/2012, 6:10 pm

Good for Ty! He sounds like Penny - slowing down some, still enjoying a good quality of life. Gentle hugs to the distinguished gentlepug. And yes, I would love to see a pic of him.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 3/23/2012, 10:08 pm

I honestly do not have recent photo of Ty. I should take some! Then I will have to read the instructions on how to post a photo.My geriatric pug vet visit 6260

Right now the Ty is taking his "evening nap" on my hubbys lap as he watches March Madness and I sit here with my lap top.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 3/23/2012, 10:10 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:
Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
I really should! He sounds like such a classically awesome senior fellow.
And Peachy is such a survivor. And Bubba.... well, he is just sweet.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down