Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What just happened? Help, please.

4 posters

Go down

What just happened? Help, please. Empty What just happened? Help, please.

Post  puglouie 5/12/2012, 2:44 am

I should start off by saying I could be overreacting. Let me explain. My husband and I were watching TV in bed with the pugs. Ulysses was asleep next to me. Without warning he started shaking and literally flipped over on his back. I thought for sure he was having a seizure (he has never had anything remotely like one) but it happened so fast, I can’t be sure. He shook for a few seconds but like I said, it passed really quickly. I was right next to him and I checked his eyes – they seemed bright and alert. His ears were up, his tail properly pug curled. His gums weren’t pale. He then jumped down off the bed and started to lift his leg to pee – we hustled him outside where he peed though he didn’t lift his leg, not unusual for him. Right now he’s sleeping next to us. Again, there seems no sign anything’s wrong. Could it have been a bad dream and he just flipped himself over because of that? Or should I be worried? Should I be watching him for any other signs? Any thoughts, advice, ideas, etc. would be appreciated. As always, thanks.
puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

What just happened? Help, please. Empty Re: What just happened? Help, please.

Post  Guest 5/12/2012, 8:57 am

Hmmm, wish I could help but besides a seizure I have no clue what it could have been. I'm sure it would have scared the hell out of me. Hopefully he will have an uneventful day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 5/12/2012, 11:53 am

I would just monitor him. It could be a puggy dream - mine move about quite a bit when dreaming, Toddy vocalises a lot, they both paddle their paws occasionally and Snifter sometimes trembles.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/12/2012, 2:41 pm

Wow, scary! It doesn't sound like he was post-ictal (the state following a seizure when they are out of it and often are incontinent), so my guess is a dream. He most likely would not have been able to hop out of bed after a seizure. I'd still be watching him, though. Good thoughts to both of you.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 5/13/2012, 12:45 pm

Pugsaunt wrote: He most likely would not have been able to hop out of bed after a seizure.

I agree. They are usually disoriented after a seizure.

Hope you're baby is feeling better!
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum