Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

+19
Milosmom
ayleash
akc0104
ocnside
H the P
PugLady3
PugMomto3
juneau hunter
Aussie Witch
GingerSnap
Brenda
pugmom
Pugsaunt
Maryjo
Saira
Renee
MackandMattiesMom
northernwitch
SacramentoPugs
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

Post  Milosmom 6/7/2012, 4:25 pm

I missed this before somehow but oh heavens , isn't he just cuuuuuttte. Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) - Page 2 335895
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7)

Post  Maryjo 6/7/2012, 4:34 pm

OMG! What a killer he is! He's going to make some human wayyyy too happy! Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) - Page 2 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 6/7/2012, 4:41 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:
Donna wrote:does he have a waiting list for homes already?
A friend of a shelter bigwig is interested in him once he's recovered....

The pictures are torture (lovely)... but I am so glad to hear this (about his having interest)... because I have really been dreaming (in my SLEEP!) about calling Mon staaaaah! MONSTAAAAAH! (that's how we say it with a Bahston accent, after all!)

(Like I say to people who struggle with Ohna's name: it's "owner" with a boston accent!)
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 6/7/2012, 4:50 pm

Holy crap he's cute! That black head and brindle body!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/7/2012, 5:16 pm

Penny just informed me that she is an only child and that it will stay that way. Otherwise, I'd be on my way to Sacramento!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/7/2012, 5:51 pm

He would be very hard to resisit if he were anywhere near me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 6/8/2012, 8:28 pm

He is still very young...my guess is his black head will turn brindle (except for his face) as he grows.

Fingers crossed that he doesn't break any more bones before those breaks have completely healed - perhaps he should be named Evil Kneivel rather than Monster...
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/8/2012, 9:00 pm

Puggered wrote:He is still very young...my guess is his black head will turn brindle (except for his face) as he grows.
That's interesting. My only experience with brindles is my Sammy, and he's clearly a mix (stub tail vs curly) even if you ignored the genetics of pug coloring. His whole head is black and he gets more brindled as you get back towards his tail But he was a rescue, so I didn't get to see him grow and develop from his puppyhood.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 6/9/2012, 12:01 pm

What a beautiful boy. He does look scared, hopefully he'll learn his limitations when it comes to flying.
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 6/11/2012, 10:11 am

GingerSnap wrote:
Puggered wrote:He is still very young...my guess is his black head will turn brindle (except for his face) as he grows.
That's interesting. My only experience with brindles is my Sammy, and he's clearly a mix (stub tail vs curly) even if you ignored the genetics of pug coloring. His whole head is black and he gets more brindled as you get back towards his tail But he was a rescue, so I didn't get to see him grow and develop from his puppyhood.

I'm with you on the genetics Very Happy

My guess is based on similar Frenchie babies I've seen, they usually end up dark brindle with a half mask...I'm guessing the Pug in him will lead to a very full or even whole face mask, brindle back of the head and neck though..and black ears as well from the Pug part of him. Time will tell, so hopefully his adoptive family will join here so that we get to see him grow up!

Edited to add: I haven't seen too many BYB Frenchies though, so I don't know whether full black head is a common mismark in Frenchue genetics, most of the ones I see are from show stock so that is what I'm familiar with. Be interesting to see if anyone in Frenchie rescue knows more?

Last edited by Puggered on 6/11/2012, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another thought)
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Rallypug 6/11/2012, 3:56 pm

In our part of the country "Frugs" are very popular...French Bulldog X Pug. When I first saw the picture I was almost sure that was his background. Apparently the theory is Frenchies have a huge rate of Csections and Pugs not so much therefore if you cross you will need less intervention @ delivery (just repeating what I have been told). Frugs go for about $1200 - 1800! He certainly is cuteness overload. Hope he finds a wonderful home that will protect him from himself.
Rallypug
Rallypug

Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) - Page 2 Empty Monster!!!

Post  Heather B 6/19/2012, 5:52 pm

So precious. We have two black pugs now (one male and one female - both fixed) and would love a third. Is Monster available? I'm sure you've had lots of requests already but would love to be considered. Believe me, the black pugs are very different from the fawns - Monster is a perfect name!

Heather B

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/19/2012, 10:28 pm

Heather B wrote:So precious. We have two black pugs now (one male and one female - both fixed) and would love a third. Is Monster available? I'm sure you've had lots of requests already but would love to be considered. Believe me, the black pugs are very different from the fawns - Monster is a perfect name!
Heather--welcome to PA.

Monster is in California, I think, so not sure that adopting right across the country is an option, but DeeDee could tell you for certain.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 6/21/2012, 1:27 pm

Blanche is correct, he has to be adopted in person in Northern California at our shelter. If anyone local is interested, though, please let me know -- it's looking very likely that the adopters he was going to go to have changed their minds (apparently they're planning a wedding, SIGH).
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 6/21/2012, 5:20 pm

This little guy popped up at a local no-kill shelter this week and reminded me of Monster Very Happy :

Introducing Monster! (New Pics added 6/7) - Page 2 IL192.23308348-2-x

He's not listed as a mix but given his coloring and those long legs, I'm guessing that there may be some Boston Terrier in there.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 6/23/2012, 10:40 pm

Brenda, although he looks very different from most pugs he is adorable in his own way. He sure would be "noticed." Hope he gets a great home from someone who wants a unique looking pug. He does look like there is some Boston in his pedigree.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2