Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancer

+2
Renee
Kylarsmom
6 posters

Go down

Cancer Empty Cancer

Post  Kylarsmom 9/3/2012, 12:02 pm

Kylar is the love of my life , I got him and his sister Brittney when they were 5 weeks old….the day I became a mother =) had no idea that’s what was gonna happen but it did……they were Born on Dec. 1st 2002 and will be 10 this year =) earlier this year I had to take Brittney to the ER because she was having seizures, she was put on some really strong antibiotics and shes fine now. Kylar has had probably 4 fatty cysts removed over the years, because they were just getting to big, he only weighs 20 lbs. but they weren’t anything serious. He had something come up on his peepee<------ (I have a 3 year old, its what we call it) about a month ago, but I thought no big deal its just probably another cysts, and im not gonna have it removed now because im sick of putting him through surgery. Well last week I took him and sis to the vet to have their nails cut, and the doc poked it and looked at it under a scope, and it was CANCER. A cancer tumor…………. He took him to surgery right away and removed it and found another one close to it. The thing about this is, it spreads and can come back…… I Love this dog with all my heart, and I will do anything to make sure his last few years are good and he is not in any pain…. I will not let cancer eat him up and I will not put him through another surgery. PERIOD. Wondering if anyone has heard or knows anything about how CANNIBAS OIL, or anything thing else that is natural and cures dogs from cancer? any info would be greatly appreciated I will spend all my free time researching a cure for my dog, there has NEVER in my life, been anything more heavy on my heart. Thanks, Kylars mom
Kylarsmom
Kylarsmom

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Cancer Empty More about me

Post  Kylarsmom 9/3/2012, 12:21 pm

After reading what i posted i laughed and thought, they're going to think im crazy! Well I'm a nursing major and as DRUG FREE as they come!! i just found these things in searches I've done about curing Cancer in dogs. Im willing to do whatever needs to be done to keep him from having to go through chemo thats all Very Happy
Kylarsmom
Kylarsmom

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Cancer Empty Re: Cancer

Post  Renee 9/3/2012, 12:41 pm

Check out the Cancer Diet by Lew Olsen. Her book Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs has the chapter in it about cancer diets.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 9/3/2012, 7:12 pm

Do you know what type of cancer it is? Dogs do much better with chemotherapy than most humans do. We have done it with several rescue pugs and had a good response...no sickness on the part of the dog and it gave them several more good years.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 9/3/2012, 10:11 pm

There isn't enough info there for me to give you any advice. Here are some questions that would help:

*What kind of cancer? Melanoma, Mast Cell Tumour (MCT), etc

*Did the vet give you a stage/grade--1 to 4 usually.

*Did the vet talk about the margins of the surgical site? Clean, dirty, etc.

While some cancers are death sentences, not all are.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/3/2012, 10:48 pm

Yes, we need a lot more info before we can give advice. If you are talking about Mast Cell Tumours it's not all bad news and chemo is very effective. I had a Pug go through it after an MCT removal (she was 11) and she lived another 6 years! It's nowhere as bad with side effects on dogs as it is on humans. And I wouldn't recommend cannibis oil for your dog. The effects on dogs could be very, very different than the effects on humans and there is no data written for dosage rates or indications and results for use.

Good thoughts for you and your boy. Hope you come back and help us to help you.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 9/4/2012, 10:04 am

So sorry to hear that your boy has cancer! We've been through several different types of cancer with our pugs - osteosarcoma (bone), oral melanoma, insulinoma, and I currently have a foster with transitional cell carcinoma (bladder cancer). Unfortunately, I am well versed in cancer treatments! Feel free to ask away. There is a thread here with lots of good info and links: http://www.pugauthority.com/t5472-cancer
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum