Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix....

+8
Maryjo
PugLady3
LisaIzzyAggy
Aussie Witch
SacramentoPugs
Mel
TNPUGMOMOF3
northernwitch
12 posters

Go down

My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix.... Empty My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix....

Post  northernwitch 10/20/2012, 7:49 pm

A little video of Spanky and Jo playing in Tucker's lap. Spanky is, we think, about 3 or 4 years old and completely deaf--and I'd bet born deaf. Nice nice boy, too. Jo thinks he's big fun......

northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix.... Empty Re: My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix....

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 10/20/2012, 8:18 pm

Spanky is so cute and Jo seems to think he's pretty cool! He's gentle with her too!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix.... Empty Re: My new foster boy--Spanky, the deaf boston mix....

Post  Mel 10/20/2012, 10:55 pm

that is too cute!
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 10/20/2012, 11:51 pm

Adorable! I would scoop little Jo up in a heartbeat...
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/21/2012, 6:34 am

Love Spanky!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 10/21/2012, 9:44 am

Cute! Is there some bulldog in there somewhere?
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/21/2012, 10:47 am

LisaIzzyAggy wrote:Cute! Is there some bulldog in there somewhere?
He is supposed to be a boston-frenchie mix. I see mostly boston, but others say they see mostly frenchie.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 10/22/2012, 10:03 am

He looks a little more Frenchie to me too. He's a cutie!!
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 10/22/2012, 3:56 pm

He's adorable! All that white... I bet he was deaf from birth too. Seems to happen to mostly-white bully breeds...
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 10/22/2012, 8:47 pm

He is a cutie.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/25/2012, 5:57 pm

He is quite the cutie. Jo seems to approve, too.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  8pug 11/7/2012, 7:25 pm

Very cute ! X

8pug

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Winston's Mom 11/8/2012, 3:23 pm

I remember in the Persian cat world, that a blue eye white persian is always deaf and if you have an odd eye 1 blue eye and 1 copper eye white persian the cat is deaf on the side with the blue eye?

I always found that interesting. I wonder if something about the white and blue eyes transcends to other breeds about deafness?
Winston's Mom
Winston's Mom

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 11/10/2012, 8:04 pm

The white gene in dogs is often associated with deafness. Here's a pretty interesting article on deafness in cats and dogs:

http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/Tufts.htm
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down