Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jingle Bell Transport

+6
leslyeb
Aussie Witch
Renee
Pugsaunt
Saira
pugmom
10 posters

Go down

Jingle Bell Transport Empty Jingle Bell Transport

Post  pugmom 12/12/2012, 9:23 pm

My son and I are helping the Manitoba Pug Rescue. The rescue is having 25 small dogs transported from Missious to Winnipeg. The dogs will arrive in Minneapolis on Friday evening.

There are 5 pugs in the group of dogs. We are going to keep the pugs overnight at my son's house. The next day on the 15th all the dogs willl be driven through MN and ND and then up to Winnipeg. If they cannot find 2 drivers, I told them my son and I could take the pugs to St. Cloud on Saturday moring.

I am nervous and excited at the same time! Do any of you have any special tips for handling mill pugs who are most likely very skittish and afraid? Is it best to keep the pugs completely away from our own pugs? I have no idea what might be their health condition. Is it okay to let them pee and poop where our pugs go? Do you think the pugs will be willing to eat?

I am also a bit worried about the weather. We had the dumping of over a foot of snow last weekend and now it looks like we may be getting rain/icy drizzle or a mix of snow and rain Friday night and into Saturday.

Hope I get more information from the rescue soon.......Any of you know anyone from the Manitoba Pug Rescue? The contact is Lisa.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Jingle Bell Transport Empty Re: Jingle Bell Transport

Post  Saira 12/13/2012, 5:04 pm

Wow, that's a lot of dogs! You and your son are awesome to help. I, personally, would keep them totally separate from your pugs. Even if they weren't mill dogs, that's a lot of stress and travel for them, so a quiet place for them to stay would be best. Most of the time, stressed dogs don't eat...at least for me, they rarely eat the first night. Hopefully the rescue can give you more info on what to expect and tips. What a great way to help these little guys.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/13/2012, 5:29 pm

No advice, just a huge hugs for being such a great angel for the pugs.Jingle Bell Transport 27965
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/13/2012, 7:15 pm

You and your son are amazing!!

I think Saira is right, keep them separate. Have a quiet place for them. I would provide water and bland food (rice / burger), and leave it out for them. They may eat when no one is around and they feel safer. Bless their hearts.

You might also get in touch with Trish, she has a lot of transport experience.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/14/2012, 8:55 pm

Huge effort by all involved! I have no doubt you'll keep them safe and happy. Good thoughts for a smooth time.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 12/14/2012, 10:06 pm

I would just make sure that any poop is picked up immediately. My pugs are always on the heartworm mess tht also work to kill other parasites, but I still clean u p the poop immediately as a precaution if the mill pugs have worms
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 12/15/2012, 10:34 am

I hope everything is going smoothly for you. And bless you for helping out.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 12/15/2012, 5:06 pm

Our overnight with the five pugs and getting them to St. Cloud, MN is over.

It was quite an experience! WOW! One gal from ALL Bree REscue brought the dogs from Iowa. Her entire huge van was full of crates and dogs! MN Midwest Pug Rescue had fosters there to pick up the five pugs they were to get. We took home the other five pugs. Three in one huge crate and two in a medium crate. (oh yes, there was loads of barking but it was not the pugs!)

Scott had his kitchen and utility room gated off. His pugs could watch from the dining room. We had three females and two big males , one black. We got a huge dish of water out for them and they all drank and drank and drank! Then they all peed and peed and peed! Kept the two of us busy just cleaning up for the first half hour! The big crates smelled awful. One had pooped and it was all over. I cleaned it up and put all blankkets from both crates into the wash machine. WHEW! By this time we had belly bands on the males and a small diaper on the tinest female who seemed to have diarrhea and a bit of blood.

We sat on the floor with them all around us. The males were very friendly. One female was soooo thin and the males kept bugging her. She had a lovely face and truly liked sitting on ones lap. In factr they all did. The pugs had to take turns on our laps. The two small females were just a little skittish if you moved your hand too fast.

After a couple hours we set out several dishes of boiled rice with chicken. The BLACK male ate right away. The others more or less just sniffed at it. We had to take the water away as they were starting to heave it up. We offered the food periodically through the evening and all ate a small amount but the skinny one. We never ever did get her to eat

We found out the black male has some vision problems as ke kept running into things. A couple others had bad looking eyes. I never looked into their ears.

We did open a fence and let our pugs in and they were really not interested and mostly just wanted OUT. Especially the black diva Pepper!

Our daughter came with my husband. She enjoyed petting and holding the pugs too. We got them all to bed around 11:30 PM. We put the two males a crate we had and the skinny female got to sleepby herself.

This morning we more or less went through the same routine. We were kept busy cleaning up after their pees and poops. They all ate a small amount but skinny. We took pictures and the pugs were all tired when we had to leave at 9:00 AM. We met the next person as scheduled an hour later.

Those poor pugs again had to join the noisy others and off to Canada. They are supposed to be in Winnipeg tonight. I hope all will go good for them and they get to their fosters and soon to new homes. I kept telling the pugs as I held them that their life was ging to get MUCH better very soon.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 12/15/2012, 11:42 pm

I wonder if the males were bothering the one female because she's coming into heat. I hope not, as she's no doubt already produced enough puppies to form a small army...

Bless you, Elaine, for doing this. They're all going to be safe and sound for Christmas, thanks to you.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 12/17/2012, 12:03 pm

Many thanks to you and Scott (and all of the other volunteers of course) for all of your hard work on behalf of these mill babies!! Jingle Bell Transport 27965 NIPRA just took in three that were bought at an auction over the weekend. A breeder who was getting out of the business apparently. IL-MO Rescue took the other nine pugs and I saw on Facebook that Midwest Pug Rescue is supposed to be getting a bunch from another breeder soon too.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/17/2012, 5:34 pm

pugmom wrote: I kept telling the pugs as I held them that their life was ging to get MUCH better very soon.

Gah, this made me cry! I am so emotional right now.

What a wonderful thing you and your family did for these babies. It must have all seemed so frantic!

Major transport is something that I never get to really assist with (being in AK), but I sure would if I could.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Jingle Bell Transport Empty nice topic

Post  aidenrock 1/7/2013, 3:38 pm

I read your topic, it is good and entertaining!!!!
aidenrock
aidenrock

Number of posts : 4

http://www.konaspa.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down