Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ketoconazole

+3
northernwitch
Renee
pugsrule
7 posters

Go down

Ketoconazole Empty Ketoconazole

Post  pugsrule 12/20/2012, 6:03 pm

Hi all,I have talked to my vet and she recs.that Jade take Ketoconazole and another antibiotic,cant remember which one.My other post for people that dont know her history with allergies and yeast bacterial infections is titled Im at my witts end..please help.So anyone here use Ketoconazole before and how was it?She wanted to try this before we go to Atopia.Im just so paranoid about any meds its hard for me to give this. :
pugsrule
pugsrule

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Ketoconazole Empty Re: Ketoconazole

Post  Renee 12/20/2012, 6:40 pm

I've used this on two former foster pugs. Both of them had really good results. It isn't something you use long-term for daily use, it just brings things down to a controllable level, while you work on finding what can maintain things. I used this in combination with a sort of detox / elimination diet for my former fosters. And, pairing it with antibiotics seems to be the usual course.

I did not note any side effects either.

One of my former fosters new owners uses this about once or twice a year when a bad flare up happens.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/20/2012, 6:41 pm

Ask your vet about Itraconazole. My research indicates that it is the most effective on systemic yeast issues.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsrule 12/20/2012, 6:49 pm

Thank you both,I am on my way to the vets soon so will ask about the other med.I also asked her about the Moducare and she will reasearch and ask other vets if they have used it,rec. it so am waiting on that.Im not afraid of antibiotics just some of the bigger guns so to speak that we have never tried and hear have more side effects.She also mentioned something other than benedryll if that is not working too well.
pugsrule
pugsrule

Back to top Go down

Ketoconazole Empty Update on Jade

Post  pugsrule 1/17/2013, 11:11 pm

Hi,well we decided to do a 14 day treatment of Ketoconazole and Simplisef.It was really hard for me to make that decision as I much prefer the natural route.It was scary and I chickened out after the 10 day mark as I think she was having an alegic reation starting around day 7 she was itching so bad.I called the vet and they said to give Benadryl with the Keto..so we made it 10 days.She has been off the meds for almost 3 weeks and looks great!Her skin is clear,shinny,smooth and no bumps.Almost all the black under her arms is gone,I think if I stuck out the full 14 days on it the black would be all gone.She has had no itching so far either.Thank god!She gets nothing but her raw turkey with a pre/probiotic and her coconut oil.I stopped all the other oils and suplements she was getting and I have not bathed her in a couple weeks either.We are starting from scratch again to see what else she can eat as in other raw meats or oils.I did use the moducare for about 5 days then stopped that as I just wasnt sure about it even though I asked my vet she never got back to me about it because she is not a holistic vet,,so she really doesnt know im sure.One thing I did notice with the Moducare was her body became cool to the touch,paws and all.It was like a relief for her im sure instead of always being hot with the infection and allergies.Im playing the waiting game now..hopeing she stays just like this and the bumps and bacterial,yeast does not come back.Wish us luck and if I knew how to post pics I would show you the dif of her belly!
pugsrule
pugsrule

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 1/17/2013, 11:27 pm

I am very happy for both you and Jade that she finally has some relief. Hope it continues so Jade can be a "cool' pug.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/18/2013, 8:12 am

I'm so glad she's doing better and hope that it continues.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 1/18/2013, 4:51 pm

That is really good news for Jade. Hope she stays cool. Ketoconazole 335895
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammymickens 2/13/2013, 1:37 am

Ketoconazole is an antifungal antibiotic medication. It is used in the
treatment of different types of fungal infections, including those
occurring in lungs, mouth, throat, esophagus, skin, and bladder. This
medicine is available in tablet and cream forms. Ketoconazole tablet is
used to treat a variety of fungal infections such as blastomycosis,
histoplasmosis, coccidiomycosis, and candidiasis of the skin or mouth.
Ketoconazole cream is used to treat jock itch, athlete's foot, ringworm,
tinea versicolor, and dandruff. It works by preventing the growth of
fungus. To know more visit internationaldrugmart.com/ketoconazole.shtml

Ammymickens

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum