Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flooding kibble

+10
papaspugs
Deanna
Banditsmom
akc0104
LisaIzzyAggy
SacramentoPugs
Brenda
northernwitch
Renee
Rebecca and the Pugs
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Flooding kibble - Page 2 Empty Re: Flooding kibble

Post  ayleash 5/24/2013, 1:03 pm

donnag wrote:I mini flood! I do 1/3 cup kibble and 1/3 cup water, they moslty only get kibble in the morning at night they get wet or if I do kibble at night they get yogurt or pumpkin in it.

This is more what I do too... I have seen the results if I leave the flood in place from a.m. to p.m. (and I agree with the higher ratios if you are doing the lengthy flood food plan (LFLP! LOL!)): the kibble is complete mush... which is not bad at all, I know... but I am using the "floating" aspect of the flooding to slow down the ingestion... if it's all already mush, it's gone in two big gulps!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  donnag 5/24/2013, 1:18 pm

ayleash wrote:
donnag wrote:I mini flood! I do 1/3 cup kibble and 1/3 cup water, they moslty only get kibble in the morning at night they get wet or if I do kibble at night they get yogurt or pumpkin in it.

This is more what I do too... I have seen the results if I leave the flood in place from a.m. to p.m. (and I agree with the higher ratios if you are doing the lengthy flood food plan (LFLP! LOL!)): the kibble is complete mush... which is not bad at all, I know... but I am using the "floating" aspect of the flooding to slow down the ingestion... if it's all already mush, it's gone in two big gulps!

Yup, I do it for the slowing down the ingestion, esp after I had to hemlich Stew!
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/24/2013, 2:19 pm

I'm flooding with Lucy, too. Slows her down - this girl is a vacuum cleaner when it comes to food!!!!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2