Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiro

4 posters

Go down

Chiro Empty Chiro

Post  Miss Pugg 1/23/2013, 9:47 pm

Made an emergency run this morning to the vet as Ivy had cried when I touched her back & acted 'stiff'. Luckily, my vet is a chiro also & found her spine was really out of whack. After a treatment and a good massage, Ivy's good spirits returned and she took a long nap after we got home. Now she's squeaking again when we touch a certain area so we might have to return sooner than next week for another adjustment. She's eating very well & doing her duties as good as always (she such a perfect dog) so I'm hoping the treatment will make her to be painfree. Vet said to be careful with her jumping up and esp. with her jumping down (she's a lapdog to both of us) so we ease her up and down now. Wish us luck.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Chiro Empty Re: Chiro

Post  Renee 1/23/2013, 11:02 pm

I think I would be careful about chiro treatments before doing any serious diagnostics (x-rays, crate rest, etc).

Just my opinion though. Hope she gets to feeling better.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/24/2013, 2:38 am

Best of luck to you and Miss Ivy. I hope she's back to 100% soon.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Chiro Empty chiro

Post  Miss Pugg 1/25/2013, 9:41 pm

Ivy is doing fine now, three days after her chiro adjustment. I help her down from my lap and bed but otherwise she's back to normal, annoying her Pap/Doxie mix sister in play. Ivy has been a perfect pet in the six months since I have had her. I discovered her former owner (we met him when we got her in June) had been in prison for 5 years so I'm not sure where Ivy spent that time. He's on the road to recovery and in fact is going to school to be a drug counselor. He seemed tightly wound when we met him but with a good heart. I certainly am wishing him the best. If he had any of Ivy's training (& he says he trained her so I'm not sure now), he certainly did a good job. She is super obedient and very smart. I'd never met a felon before and was surprised to find myself in one's house *G*. My BIL and SIL go weekly to a county jail to minister to the prisoners and now they are holding federal prisoners too. They've been doing this for several years. Wow, am I off the subject.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna 1/26/2013, 12:05 am

I love the doggie chiropractor. Its funny cause after the adjustment they always sleep like rocks. Also its weird cause Pugsley Ann hates our hand held massager here at home but she sits like an angel when the chiropractor uses it on her. We just took Sarge in for his first adj last week. I try to get them adjusted at least once a month.
Deanna
Deanna

Number of posts : 349

http://www.pugrescueofmo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum