Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er

+3
Saira
GingerSnap
Pugsaunt
7 posters

Go down

Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er Empty Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er

Post  Pugsaunt 4/12/2013, 7:13 pm

So Lucy is about perfect. No kidding, she has impeccable manners, sits for treats and food, and is just a total love. Her only problem is that she will not pee or poop outside, but does it inside. She also does it when nobody is watching. I'm sure that this comes directly from her living outside. I'm considering getting some pee pads, hoping that she will use them instead of wherever, but I'm not sure that is the solution. I've read Alice's sticky on housetraining, and we are taking her for frequent and long walks. Does anybody have any suggestions? Taking a book and sitting outside until she does go, then showering her with cheese? Any other ideas?
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er Empty Re: Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er

Post  GingerSnap 4/12/2013, 7:50 pm

I"d try the book/chair/cheese method, plus maybe try leashing her to your waist so she can't be too stealthy. Perhaps try buying a Peekeeper in the meantime until she learns how to go outside better? That would at least keep her from getting her scent inside too much.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er Empty Re: Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er

Post  Saira 4/12/2013, 7:59 pm

She was an outside dog right? She may not like being "watched" if you are walking her. Have you tried an x pen for her if you don't have a fenced yard? Sometimes they have shy bladders too! Then once she gets that down you can work on getting her to go while on a walk.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 4/13/2013, 1:17 pm

Saira wrote:She was an outside dog right? She may not like being "watched" if you are walking her. Have you tried an x pen for her if you don't have a fenced yard? Sometimes they have shy bladders too! Then once she gets that down you can work on getting her to go while on a walk.

This is a good point. I find some dogs will not go if I follow them around. It takes Ichiro twice as long to go, if I am walking with him. If he goes outside on his own, and I observe from the window, he goes very quickly.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/13/2013, 5:51 pm

Never call a pug a dumb animal. Lucy peed outside last night on her bedtime walkie.Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er 977583 Fortunately, I had some treats in my pocket, and we had a potty party. We went home and I immediately made up a ziploc of little cheese pieces. This morning, she peed and pooped outside (and had another potty party with bunches of cheese), took her out before we left on errands, she peed outside again (and yet another potty party), and took her out when we got home, and she peed again (and had another potty party). No accidents while we were gone, either. Such a smart girl!!! Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er 78340 The key, I think, was rewarding her immediately and not waiting until we got home for a cookie or treat. Hallelujah!!!!!!!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 4/13/2013, 7:37 pm

Outstanding, Lucy is a smart girl!!! Now, I think I will send Mia and Izzy to visit :)
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 4/13/2013, 9:23 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:No accidents while we were gone, either. Such a smart girl!!! Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er 78340 The key, I think, was rewarding her immediately and not waiting until we got home for a cookie or treat. Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Smart girl indeed. She trained her new mom in no time!
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/15/2013, 6:47 pm

Millie'sMichael wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:No accidents while we were gone, either. Such a smart girl!!! Help with a 10 year old black diva stealth pee-er 78340 The key, I think, was rewarding her immediately and not waiting until we got home for a cookie or treat. Hallelujah!!!!!!!
No kidding. She now pees in several installments on our walkies, so she only gets her cheese on about every other pee. Dumb animal my left elbow!Rolling Eyes
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/15/2013, 8:00 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:
Millie'sMichael wrote:
No kidding. She now pees in several installments on our walkies, so she only gets her cheese on about every other pee. Dumb animal my left elbow!Rolling Eyes
Nancy she's training you so quickly! Laughing
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 4/16/2013, 9:15 am

My foster Boston has a very shy bladder and not only does not like me watching him, but does not like the pugs watching him either. He will run back outside as soon as the other two come back in and do his business. He held it for the first few days until my vet suggested that he may have a shy bladder.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/16/2013, 10:13 am

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:My foster Boston has a very shy bladder and not only does not like me watching him, but does not like the pugs watching him either. He will run back outside as soon as the other two come back in and do his business. He held it for the first few days until my vet suggested that he may have a shy bladder.
Indy has a shy bladder which is ironic since he pees on anything normally!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down