Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

degenerative disk disease

Go down

degenerative disk disease Empty degenerative disk disease

Post  meggiev777 7/1/2013, 11:56 pm

Hi all,
I'm writing because I'm worried about my Pug Frank. We're on vacation and I noticed that he seemed wobbly when I took him on walks, so I took him to a vet. He did b-day and diagnosed him with degenerative disk disease. I was ready to hear about hip dysplasia, but this threw me. I'm supposed to have him rest as much as possible, but now that he's on muscle relaxant and feeling better, he fights me every chance he gets. I know that he should rest as much as possible, but he will sneak down stairs, on the couch, etc. Any suggestions? We'll be home in about two weeks, and I have a crate there. Also, can someone tell me more about this? The vet says that it's possible to reverse it, but what does that even mean?
Meg Villanueva
Mom to Frank, a 7-year old

meggiev777

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down