Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Help....yucky nose roll

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help....yucky nose roll

Post  pugmom on 8/21/2013, 9:20 pm

My grand pug Zeke has always had a nose roll that needs lots of cleaning.  We have always us Stridex pads to clean and then wiped it dry with an old cloth handkerchief.  Now the lately Zeke's roll is full of crusty stuff and is very red.  When I clean out the crusty gunk there is a bit of blood.  Help......what can I use to dry it up and the red go away.  Do you think it is infected?
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Re: Help....yucky nose roll

Post  LisaIzzyAggy on 8/22/2013, 7:20 am

It sounds like it's getting close to being infected if it's not already. Since they discontinued the malaseb pledgets I've been using Douxo ones with good results. You might want to try them. I do once or twice a week for maintenance, but it sounds like you may need to use them more often until things clear up.

http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Chlorhexidine-3-Pads-Count/dp/B002LO0MGU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_1
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 on 8/22/2013, 11:00 am

Definitely sounds like it's infected, despite all of your efforts. Do you have any Panalog ointment? That is what we typically use in infected nose rolls. If not, you can get some from your vet.
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 8/22/2013, 12:03 pm

PugLady3 wrote:Definitely sounds like it's infected, despite all of your efforts. Do you have any Panalog ointment? That is what we typically use in infected nose rolls. If not, you can get some from your vet.
Panalog is also what my vet gives us for infected nose rolls. She calls it "pug cream".
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom on 8/22/2013, 10:21 pm

This is why I love PA!  I got answers right away and did not have to wade through tons of FB stuff to find it.

YEA for PA  and thanks.  Drinking
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top