Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PDE (Pug Dog Encephalitis)

3 posters

Go down

PDE (Pug Dog Encephalitis) Empty PDE (Pug Dog Encephalitis)

Post  Becca0805 8/12/2014, 10:04 am

Hi,

I am new to this site and wondered whether anybody had any information on or had any experiences with their dog and PDE.

My 6 year old Pug Billy has just been diagnosed with this Disease. We have been told that his best option of treatment would be to have Chemotherapy on top of the steroids, Immunosuppressive agents and Anticonvulsants.

Has anybody had any similar experiences in this? I am unsure whether Chemo is the right thing to do for him. As there is no cure for this the drugs will just make him comfortable. I am just worried that Chemo will make him ill and unable to live his life the way he likes. I.e Long walks, playing etc.

Any help or information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Becca0805

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

PDE (Pug Dog Encephalitis) Empty Re: PDE (Pug Dog Encephalitis)

Post  Saira 8/17/2014, 1:15 pm

hi, I am sorry about the diagnosis. I have not heard of using chemo to help with pde. However others here may have more info on that. My youngest has been on chemo since April for mast cell-chemo itself doesn't usually affect dogs like it does people. But like I said, I am not sure about using it for pde. Please keep us update on your puggy.  hug dog
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 8/17/2014, 5:19 pm

Hello,

I have not heard of using chemo for PDE either. Usually, treatment is focused on seizure management.

It's a terrible disease that can quickly turn bad. :( I am so sorry your guy has it. Especially at 6 years old; it just seems he would have passed the age to develop PDE.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum