Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soft E-Collar?

5 posters

Go down

Soft E-Collar? Empty Soft E-Collar?

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/2/2009, 10:01 pm

Anybody know where I can find one online with super fast shipping? Sue-Shi's mange has gotten to the itchy stage and I can't find one here in town. She has a hard collar, but hates it and so do I. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Soft E-Collar? Empty Re: Soft E-Collar?

Post  Tocents 12/2/2009, 10:40 pm

Petco and Petsmart both have them online-if there is a store nearby, perhaps they carry them as well? (And I have to say, every time I read your profile and see " your closet" I feel about 4 years old and a bit scared. Soft E-Collar? Icon_biggrin )
Tocents
Tocents

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/2/2009, 11:24 pm

I don't have a local Petsmart and Petco didn't have them in her size. I'll keep looking online and see who can ship quickly.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 12/2/2009, 11:46 pm

Can you do a make-shift one out of a hand towel? Maybe tie it or use ducktape to wrap it around? I don't think that I'd leave her unsupervised in a homemade contraption, but if you are going to be there with her and can make sure that she doesn't get hung up in it. Or what about cutting the sleeve off of a sweatshirt and making a collar?
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/4/2009, 5:06 pm

google search it? or do you have any in town you can pick up? i was totally going to say check out Petco as well :)

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/4/2009, 6:45 pm

One of the smaller stores here in town has one on order for me that will hopefully be in Monday. She'll just have to deal with it until then. Unfortunately, it's a store that I don't ever shop at because they sell pets there, but I had no other choice. Nobody else could get one to me any faster and she's miserable in the hard collar.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 12/4/2009, 7:47 pm

Sabra,

Where is the mange? Can you place a tshirt or something on her? When Tinker was neutered, I bought one of the soft, doughnut looking collars which worked great. There are some stores locally here that have the soft e collars, but they have been in larger sizes.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/4/2009, 7:50 pm

It's only on her head. I have a hard collar, but she's not adjusting to it at all and is so depressed. I'm taking it off her as much as possible, but with moving and trying to pack and unpack, I just can't watch her as much as usual. She's breaking my heart.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 12/4/2009, 7:56 pm

Is she rubbing it or trying to scratch with her paws? I never had to use a collar with Pugsly or Taz since they were not very limber and able to reach their private areas. Tinker is quite agile and bendy !!
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/4/2009, 9:02 pm

She had been fine with it, but when we woke up the other day she had scratched it to bleeding. It looked really nasty. She can't get to it with the E-collar on. Her hair was growing back, but she really made it nasty by scratching.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/4/2009, 10:00 pm

No wisdom on e-collars, but hugs to Sue-shi and hopes that her nasty old mange gets better soon.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down