Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Diatomaceous Earth Flea Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diatomaceous Earth Flea Control

Post  puglover22 on 10/13/2010, 2:53 pm

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/pets-animals.php

has anyone heard of this?
a friend swears by it
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Re: Diatomaceous Earth Flea Control

Post  smoochieface on 10/13/2010, 3:06 pm

You should hear shortly from Lisa (Thurston and Kimchi's mom). She swears by it, too.
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  MuShuMom on 10/13/2010, 3:21 pm

Oh yes!!! It works the best of anything I have tried! I haven't used Frontline or Advantage on MuShu in years. I found a product called "Flea Away" at Whole Foods and all it is is diatamaceous earth. It works well and it works FAST! Sprinkle it on carpet, vac up and leave the bag alone (don't empty right away) cause it kills the fleas and eggs by dehydrating them. Sprinkle more under the cushions of the pet's bed, sofa and chair cushions, anywhere fleas might hide and lay eggs. Do this frequently (I did it every day for a couple of weeks when the fleas were horrendous) and wash their bedding of course. You can also put it on their fur. Just be very careful that the doggie not inhale it. I think you can even sprinkle it on the lawn but I haven't tried that. Anyway, it is WONDERFUL stuff!
MuShuMom

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid on 10/13/2010, 3:24 pm

DE is pretty much all I've been using for my cats and house. I still give Revolution/Frountline Plus to the pugs because of the heartworm protection.

It takes a while to be completely effective, but with diligence, the fleas are dead dead dead! I also give it internally to all of my animals. It gets rid of any parasites internally too. I always try and go the organic route whenever possible and this seems to work well.
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top