Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Colitis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colitis

Post  destanie101 on 3/12/2011, 11:10 pm

Franklins always had issues with poop...{yea we love those topics}
We've changed food I dont know how many times over the years but Nutro Max really seemed to help a lot. Then the poop issues really started to act up about months ago. was talking a non-pug but still dog friendly friend of mine who mentioned that Nutro had changed their recipe and maybe that was causing the reoccurance of poop issues.
A day or so after the convo Franklin had a really bad bout of diarhea, actually really scared me considering his little butthole was really really red. Off to the vet we go...
Vet says Colitis, gave us an antibiotic to clear up the squirts and changed dog food again. Since then we've been on Science Diet Sensitive stomach. Seems to be working so far, no issues of late {as I type this, I'm almost betting Franklin gets 'issues' tomorrow...it'd be my luck}

Franklin REALLY likes yogurt, so I try to give him a little sometimes with his food as a treat and to help with 'issues'. We can't do pumpkin as he's allergic and it causes more problems than just poop.

any other suggestions on how to deal with this?
destanie101

Number of posts : 303

http://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Colitis

Post  puglover22 on 3/12/2011, 11:20 pm

i was going to suggest yogurt, but I see you're already doing it. My Junior had colitis, and I would give him about a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt every day at lunch, and it helped tremendously. I'm sure you know, just the regular, not the artifically sweetened. Good luck, it can be managed.
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  destanie101 on 3/12/2011, 11:23 pm

no miracle cure huh?
I can't really complain, other than typical run of the mill stuff Franklin's been an awesomely healthy pug. He'll be SIX {omg, my 'baby' is getting old} in April, so I guess now instead of worrying about puppy stuff i'm starting to worry about older dog issues....he's gotten so gray around his muzzle too... :{
destanie101

Number of posts : 303

http://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puglover22 on 3/12/2011, 11:42 pm

one other thing, don't give him even a tiny bit of grease. One time Junior got a very tiny corner of a wendys hamburger...i mean it was about 1/2 the size of a dime, and his tummy was upset for a couple days. I didn't make a habit of giving him stuff like that, but I made the mistake once, thinking it was soooo sooo small it wouldn't hurt him.
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top