Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

dog ramps for couch needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dog ramps for couch needed

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 6/7/2011, 8:18 pm

Peachy has stairs to get on the couch, but they are too steep for her to walk down. I think with her recent neuro issues, I need to get her a ramp to make it easier for her to get down. Any suggestions? Free standing? Foam? Height? I don't want it to be too steep for her.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Re: dog ramps for couch needed

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 on 6/7/2011, 9:41 pm

I made my DH make the steps for our bed, so I am no help....
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 6/7/2011, 9:53 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:I made my DH make the steps for our bed, so I am no help....
You are a lucky lady Marci.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch on 6/8/2011, 8:35 am

Rebecca:
Here's a link that might be helpful. I haven't used a ramp in years, but someone recommended this site.

http://www.dogramp.com/
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HuggaPug on 6/8/2011, 8:53 am

When Mollie had her "disc issue", we bought one free standing ramp from http://www.discountramps.com/dog_bed_ramp.htm
They are very solid, and well constructed! We bought just one so hubby could look at how it was made since his hobby is woodworking :) Then he made 5 more...lol! So we have one for the couch in the living room, one for the couch in the sunroom, one for the bed and one he constructed for outdoor use ( it kind of slides over part of the stairs on the back deck) and one extra one....cause you never know where those pugs will want to get to!
HuggaPug

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 on 6/8/2011, 1:09 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:I made my DH make the steps for our bed, so I am no help....
You are a lucky lady Marci.

Eh, he does try, I will give him that! If he would get employed again he would up his value some! Laughing
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs on 6/8/2011, 3:33 pm

My favorite ramps

I absolutely swear by this guy for pug ramps. Really really really well made, and super-affordable. I have two, because of Marlee's FHO surgeries, and they've held up beautifully for the last 4+ years. Plus, they're sturdy enough to hold tons of weight, even though they're small -- my nieces like to use the "couch ramp" when they visit, too.

They have these "handles" that hook onto the couch frame, underneath the cushion. On the bed, I have the handles hooked onto the boxspring, under the mattress.

The 40" length would probably be great for Peachy, because it would be even less steep.
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap on 6/8/2011, 5:08 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:My favorite ramps

I absolutely swear by this guy for pug ramps. Really really really well made, and super-affordable. I have two, because of Marlee's FHO surgeries, and they've held up beautifully for the last 4+ years. Plus, they're sturdy enough to hold tons of weight, even though they're small -- my nieces like to use the "couch ramp" when they visit, too.

They have these "handles" that hook onto the couch frame, underneath the cushion. On the bed, I have the handles hooked onto the boxspring, under the mattress.

The 40" length would probably be great for Peachy, because it would be even less steep.
Great price, too!
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 6/8/2011, 7:38 pm

Thanks. I just put a bid on the 40" one. It closes in 3 hours.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva on 6/8/2011, 10:55 pm

I had no luck with Angus and a ramp. He didn't understand that he had to go down the same way he came up. Unfortunately, I had to train him to stay off the furniture and that was NOT easy after 9 years of doing whatever he wanted.
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 6/8/2011, 11:10 pm

I just won the 40" ramp for 32.90, including shipping. We will see how it works on the couch for that price.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs on 6/9/2011, 4:57 pm

I hope you like it! I've had mine for ages and they still look brand-new (except this one small part of the wood that Marlee chewed as a puppy).
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs on 6/9/2011, 6:06 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:I hope you like it! I've had mine for ages and they still look brand-new (except this one small part of the wood that Marlee chewed as a puppy).
I was hoping you would give input on the ramps because I remember you have used them for a while. You can't beat that price. If Peachy doesn't like it, I can get a free standing one. I have had so many seniors, it is going to be a good idea to keep it around.
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top