Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

June is getting Bio Feedback tomorrow!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

June is getting Bio Feedback tomorrow!

Post  Guest on 6/11/2011, 4:12 pm

We have our big pug fest tomorrow, Karen the director of Green Mountain wants me to bring June, there is a woman there who does Bio Feedback on scared puppymill pugs. Don't know if I believe in it but it can't hurt!
She is only going to be there for a few hrs, my husband is going to bring her home early. I think the whole day would be to much for her.

Back to top Go down

Re: June is getting Bio Feedback tomorrow!

Post  Aussie Witch on 6/11/2011, 4:20 pm

Hope she's okay Donna! I don't know if it's such a good idea taking her to something that could totally overwhelm her, bio-feedback or not. I don't know if it's worth it. I think she's still in a very fragile state, psychologically and physically, but you're the best judge of that. If you think she's come along far enough to be able to handle it all, fair enough.
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom on 6/11/2011, 8:35 pm

Hmm, you might be surprised at how she does, Donna. But it's good that your husband will take her home early. Is he willing to come even sooner to get her if she really can't handle it? How about having her in a stroller - like I do with Grace? If I didn't have Grace in a stroller at functions, she'd completely lose it - it's FAR too many humans for her, but her stroller is her safe zone and helps keep her (somewhat) less stressed.

Let me know how she does with the biofeedback. Grace has had that done in conjunction with flower essences. It made a difference for her to some extent, but at nearly $100 a session (for the biofeedback and her essences), it got crazy expensive. Plus we had to stop the sessions to have her LP surgery and after the cost of that, it just wasn't in our budget.
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/12/2011, 7:24 am

Rona, my first reaction is no I don't think it's good for her to go but I tend to be overly protective more so than my pugs of my fosters, other's have said the same thing to me as Rachael, you would be surprised what they can handle.
My husband is coming early to help me with the set up, I'll have her crate with her and probably have her in there near me, I don't have a stroller but I think she will be ok in her crate. If she freaks out we don't live to far I can have my husband just take her home.
Anything to help her I'll do. I'll let you know how she makes out.

P.S. she does remind me of Grace in many ways.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira on 6/13/2011, 4:51 pm

Donna wrote:Rona, my first reaction is no I don't think it's good for her to go but I tend to be overly protective more so than my pugs of my fosters, other's have said the same thing to me as Rachael, you would be surprised what they can handle.
My husband is coming early to help me with the set up, I'll have her crate with her and probably have her in there near me, I don't have a stroller but I think she will be ok in her crate. If she freaks out we don't live to far I can have my husband just take her home.
Anything to help her I'll do. I'll let you know how she makes out.

P.S. she does remind me of Grace in many ways.

How'd it go??
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/13/2011, 5:55 pm

She did not heave her Bio feedback, like I thought, I only met the woman who wants to do it but she lives 2 hrs away from me, so we will see if I can do that.
June did really well with all the pugs at the fest. They had a large xpen set up with all the adoptables, I reluctantly put her in there and she stayed all day with no problems.
When it was time to leave that is when she got very nervous, it's the humans she can't stand, the pugs she loves.

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom on 6/13/2011, 9:07 pm

Donna, that's how Grace is too - she's fine with other dogs; it's the people that she can't stand to be around!
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/13/2011, 9:31 pm

dieselsmom wrote:Donna, that's how Grace is too - she's fine with other dogs; it's the people that she can't stand to be around!

Sometimes I can't blame them!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch on 6/14/2011, 2:10 am

I'm glad it went well for the precious girl! Pity she didn't have the bio-thingy.

I have a feeling little June-bug is going to be one of your most rewarding fostering experiences. I have no doubt you're going to work miracles with her.
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/14/2011, 5:40 am

Aussie Witch wrote:I'm glad it went well for the precious girl! Pity she didn't have the bio-thingy.

I have a feeling little June-bug is going to be one of your most rewarding fostering experiences. I have no doubt you're going to work miracles with her.

She has been my most challenging and probably will be the hardest one yet to see go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top