Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update

+9
MommaJones
SacramentoPugs
Miss Pit
Maryjo
Pugsaunt
Saira
pugmom32003
ayleash
PhoebesMommy
13 posters

Go down

I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update Empty I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/8/2011, 11:01 pm

Ok since were mostly women here, I figured I could share and get some advice. I normally am pretty good about putting the trash can up during my "lady days" but today I didnt. Well of course I wasnt paying attention to her for a few minutes and when I went to check on her she was laying on my bed chewing on toiletpaper. I got the toilet paper from her but the used tampon that was in the toilet paper was no where to be found. What do I do? Will she throw it up, will she pass it through the other end? Do I call her vet in the morning? Im worried about her. Any advice would be greatly appreiated.
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update Empty Re: I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update

Post  Guest 8/9/2011, 7:07 am

Did she poop or throw up this morning? if not I would call the vet, I would hate to see it get obstructed in her stomach.

Hope shes ok

Back to top Go down

I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update Empty Re: I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/9/2011, 8:04 am

she pooped after the fact lastnight, but like 10 minutes after. she hasnt gone outside yet this morning. She just ate her breakfast and were about to go for a walk. shes not acting any differently though. I will still call the vet as soon as they open this morning (its only 5am here right now) I was worried about her all night and couldnt sleep but of course there she was next to me snoring away. Thanks Donna!
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 8/9/2011, 9:40 am

my Boston had a system that could process anything... he pooped them out... (back in the day when such items were generated in the house where we lived)... keep an eye on "things" I'd say.
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/9/2011, 12:16 pm

Well I called the vet. Spoke with the receptionist. She put the vet on the phone and he gave me options as to what to do. So I scheduled for her to get xrays today to see where it is at. Then we will go from there. I'm a nervous wreck here at work today.
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom32003 8/9/2011, 1:16 pm

Sending positive thoughts for your baby!
pugmom32003
pugmom32003

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/9/2011, 1:18 pm

I hope she's able to pass it without vet intervention!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/9/2011, 2:02 pm

So hoping that things come out all right for Phoebe (sorry, I couldn't resist, but the wish is still thereI think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update 6260). They do love to get into things and scare us to death. Fingers crossed for good news on the xrays.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/9/2011, 2:53 pm

My Butchie ( a rescue pug from awhile back who is now RIP) did that once--- I didn't realize it until he pooped it out... And it was clean when he pooped it out (and it WASN'T when it went in)

EWWWWWWWWWWW I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update 6260
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom32003 8/9/2011, 2:53 pm

MaryJo - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
pugmom32003
pugmom32003

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 8/9/2011, 3:10 pm

Clara has gotten a hold of a tampon and has thrown them up. nasty,nasty gross smelling vomit. so have learned my lesson and keep the basket under the counter. But it does make a person nervous until it passes.

Sending many good thoughts for Phoebe and you.

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/9/2011, 4:58 pm

Oh MaryJo that's kinda funny. She has her appointment this afternoon. Its more for peace of mind. They sure know how to keep us on our toes....huh? I think she likes to give me a good scare every 6 months or so and drain my savings account. Ill keep everyone posted as to how things turn out.
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/9/2011, 4:59 pm

PhoebesMommy wrote:Oh MaryJo that's kinda funny. She has her appointment this afternoon. Its more for peace of mind. They sure know how to keep us on our toes....huh? I think she likes to give me a good scare every 6 months or so and drain my savings account. Ill keep everyone posted as to how things turn out.

Mine too! I swear whenever they even know i'm THINKING about a new car, they go and get sick. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 8/9/2011, 5:03 pm

I have several coworkers whose dogs have done this, and every one of them have passed it without needing surgery. Here's hoping Phoebe's the same!

Don't beat yourself up over this -- it could happen to anyone! Frankly, I'm lucky it hasn't happened in my house yet.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 8/9/2011, 5:35 pm

I hope there is good news from the vet.

I believe that this is what finally came out of Freddy Jones on 4th of July weekend a few years ago. He had tummy problems for a couple of days, we went to the vet, and it eventually passed on it's own. It was mostly unrecognizable, but there was a very thin string attached. It's the only thing I can think of that it would be. It had obviously been in his system for quite some time, but didn't cause problems until right before it came out.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/9/2011, 9:10 pm

all is well! We went to the vet had an xray done. The vet believes she chewed it to pieces and will now pass it on her own. he looked at her intestines (in the xray) and you can tell she has poop lined up in there like its supposed to be, but he said one of them looks a little bigger than it normally should so she may have a little bit of a struggle to get it out but she will be just fine, however he wants meto "examine" her poops for the next few days afraid I feel a lot better now that I got her checked out. She was due for her yearly shots and had an appointment for this saturday, but we took care of those while we were in. The bill wasnt near as bad as I thought it would be, so that makes me feel better. Now I just have to remember to keep the bathroom trash can on the counter to avoid this happening again.
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/10/2011, 12:31 am

Glad all is well! Hope it comes out soon so you don't have to examine poop for days. Bloody tampons and almond rocca kitty litter are favourite delicacies of Pugs. Makes me glad I have gone through menopause and don't have cats.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 8/10/2011, 9:05 am

Glad your baby is going to be o.k.!

I'm sure many of the more crafty pugs in this group could figure out how to use them, but I have a Simple Human step-can in my bathroom, (so it has a lid, you step on the lever to open) to prevent pug foraging. Laughing (Plus, I only have one bathroom, so I prefer not to have everyone looking at the trash! Yuck!) I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update 8223314443444P
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 8/10/2011, 10:48 am

Glad all is going to be ok!! I use to work with someone who's beagle (crafty little breed) ate a tampon. Unfortunately he had to have surgery. He was fine after, but the cotton expanded and he couldn't pass it.

We have those types of trashcans in all our bathrooms! My two have never paid attention to the bathroom trash, but I just like it covered.
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom32003 8/10/2011, 12:25 pm

So now you get to be an official PI (Poop Inspector)!I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update 547493 I hope you "discover" the evidence soon for even more peace of mind!
pugmom32003
pugmom32003

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/10/2011, 2:20 pm

Very glad that the xrays were reassuring. And I am even gladder that I am well past menopause!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 8/11/2011, 12:41 pm

Thanks ladies. I may have to look into a can in the bathroom with a lid. I hope she's not crafty enough to learn to open it. I haven't found anything in her poop yet, but she has been pooping more than normal. I'm sure I look like a crazy lady walking my dog then looking in the poop bag to see what's in there...haha. There's a lady who walks her fish (no lie what so ever) and now I look at my dogs poop...I swear I live in an apartment not a nut house!
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  lotusseeds 8/11/2011, 8:45 pm

I am glad she is okay, but geeze that *IS* gross! My parent's cat used to fish my tampons out of the garbage when I was a teen She would walk around the house with it in her mouth like she scored some major kill..... cats....Rolling Eyes
lotusseeds
lotusseeds

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/11/2011, 9:09 pm

Eph91 wrote:Glad your baby is going to be o.k.!

I'm sure many of the more crafty pugs in this group could figure out how to use them, but I have a Simple Human step-can in my bathroom, (so it has a lid, you step on the lever to open) to prevent pug foraging. Laughing (Plus, I only have one bathroom, so I prefer not to have everyone looking at the trash! Yuck!) I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I think Phoebe ate a tampon...gross I know....update 8223314443444P

I have the same one, Viv is a huge tissue eater this has stopped her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down