Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How pathetic is this boy?

+3
Amanda
Brenda
dieselsmom
7 posters

Go down

How pathetic is this boy? Empty How pathetic is this boy?

Post  dieselsmom 4/3/2009, 7:39 am

Just as I was getting ready for bed last night, I noticed Diesel really licking his back foot - very unusual for him as he's not a terribly limber pug so licking his back feet is a little more difficult for him. And he was really going crazy at licking his foot. So I look and see that he has split his toenail and is bleeding pretty good. Josh and I try to figure out whether it requires a trip to the ER - can't really decide what to do. I finally tell him that if we try to put him to bed and he spends the next few hours licking it, I'm going to end up in the ER anyway, so I'd rather go now than get up in the middle of the night to go.

We get there shortly before 10. They look at his toenail and tell me they're going to sedate him and remove the nail. No big deal, I figure we'll be on our way soon, as we were the only ones there. Ahhhh, but it wasn't meant to be - soon four separate emergencies came in, much more life threatening than DD's split toenail, so we kept getting bumped down on the priority list - obviously, totally understandable. They gave him pain meds and said he was one happy little drugged up boy watching them work in the back!!

So a few hours later, out limps this sad little face:

How pathetic is this boy? IMG_0698

Seriously, could this boy look any more pathetic?

How pathetic is this boy? IMG_0699

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear he'd just had his entire foot amputated by the way he's acting! Thankfully, he was still full of sedatives and pain meds through the night so he was able to sleep, but we're about to go back to bed cuz mama's exhausted and needs a couple more hours sleep before I can think of going in to work!!

BTW, how did they know pink is his favorite color?? How pathetic is this boy? Laughing9 How pathetic is this boy? Laughing9
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

How pathetic is this boy? Empty Re: How pathetic is this boy?

Post  Brenda 4/3/2009, 8:36 am

Isn't it funny how they can act like the world's ending with one little boo-boo. Cute pics. I love his face. And, glad it wasn't anything more serious.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 4/3/2009, 8:39 am

What a sad sack! (but a cute one). Is his sissy smirking in the background? :)
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/3/2009, 11:52 am

Hah! They really do know how to milk it. Hooli broke a nail once, and I swear he hobbled around looking sooo pathetic (even for him!).

Glad everything is all taken care of!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 4/3/2009, 2:07 pm

OMG! I love the hot pink!!! Poor poor Diesel! Hope his toenail feels better soon.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 4/5/2009, 10:58 am

Oh my that is a face of some sad looking puggy hamming it up at his best! 🐷
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 4/5/2009, 12:06 pm

Awww I just want to snuggle with him, the cute little patient, but seriously did they HAVE to put pink on a boy? I know Diesel has a pink toy fetish, but surely they did not know that!?
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 4/5/2009, 12:10 pm

Sara wrote:Awww I just want to snuggle with him, the cute little patient, but seriously did they HAVE to put pink on a boy? I know Diesel has a pink toy fetish, but surely they did not know that!?

LOL!!! When he came hobbling out of the back, Sara, there was a guy there with his sick dog and he says, "Is it a boy or girl?" I told him Diesel is in fact a boy and he says, "Well, why did they put pink on a boy?" I told him I'm sure that they didn't ask him which color he preferred!!!! The tech said pink was all they had - I told her at that point, I didn't care what color it was - as long as he was doctored and we could go home!!

We took his bandage off today and he's doing just fine! He's currently had his morning dose of pain meds so is going to spend the rest of the day doped up and happily snoring away!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum