Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me

+3
Snifter&Toddy
ayleash
lola's mom
7 posters

Go down

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me Empty Lola's eye doesn't look right to me

Post  lola's mom 7/10/2009, 7:11 pm

I just tried to take some pictures of Lola's eye. Tell me if you can see the spot on the white of the eye. I don't know if it's just me being crazy because we are going away on Wednesday. She is not squinting or anything like that. I just don't know if this looks right and would like your opinions. It looks a tiny bit raised.

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me Lolaseye-3

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me Lolaseye-2

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me Lolaseye-1
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me Empty Re: Lola's eye doesn't look right to me

Post  ayleash 7/10/2009, 7:46 pm

I am not seeing it.. sorry...
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Lola's eye doesn't look right to me Empty Re: Lola's eye doesn't look right to me

Post  Snifter&Toddy 7/10/2009, 9:02 pm

Are you meaning her left eye, just where the iris meets the white of the eye? On the inside closest to the nose? Yes, I think I see a raised area but from the photos it doesn't look drastic. That said, I would probably worry if it was on my pugs and had not been there before. Sorry, not much help.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 7/10/2009, 9:24 pm

it's hard to tell. i think i see a little something there, but hard to say if it's anything to worry about. maybe get it checked out just to ease your mind before you go away. hope lola is okay!
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 7/11/2009, 11:41 am

I see it a little bit on the middle pic. I have no experience in anything like that but think I'd have the vet check it out to be on the safe side.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/11/2009, 11:53 am

Let us know what you find out! This is a stab in the dark, but in high school, I freaked out b/c I noticed something like that on my own eye (or actually, a friend did), and when I had it checked by the ophthalmologist, he confirmed that it was scar tissue from operations I'd had as an infant. Perhaps if she's had any sort of eye injury, it's just a scar.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 7/11/2009, 12:04 pm

Yeah you really can't tell in the first and last photo. She had an eye injury at 4 mths old not sure if that would be a result of it or not. I am going to call my Vet Monday if it still looks the same. If something drastic happens of course I would take her to the emergency Vet.
I just could never live with myself if I went away and something happend while I was away because I didn't check it out. I am hoping I'll run into my Vet at the park so she can look at it before Monday. I am such a worrier.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/11/2009, 12:12 pm

How nice that you live near your vet and could run into him/her at the park! I'm like you; I'd have it checked out just to allay my worries.
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 7/11/2009, 12:22 pm

Eph91 wrote:How nice that you live near your vet and could run into him/her at the park! I'm like you; I'd have it checked out just to allay my worries.

I can't even begin to tell you how many actual visits she has saved me. When Logan was neutered I just walked over to her house and she cut his stitches. If I call her she will bring home medicine for me too. I just give my credit card over the phone. It's very convenient!

I'm worried about flying, I'm worried about Lola, I'm worried worried worried! Lol.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/11/2009, 1:16 pm

I know. I worry about the same things. Can you give your vet a call at home? It sounds like you're friends. If not, try not to think about it until Monday (that's what I'm doing about E's lump, since we go in on Monday, but I know it's hard!)
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/13/2009, 12:41 pm

Has Lola been to the vet yet?
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 7/13/2009, 2:10 pm

Eph91 wrote:Has Lola been to the vet yet?

No I am actually at work tonight. I did chat with my Vet - she doesn't think it's anything to worry about. I might still bring her in tomorrow if they have an opening. It doesn't look any worse and it's not cloudy. You can barely see it but of course I am a worrier. I rememeber back when Lola had that allergic reaction the emerg. Vet asked me if she had an eye injury at some point because there was a tiny scar there. I forgot about that so I am hoping that's all that it is.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/13/2009, 3:23 pm

I bet that's what it is. This totally reminds me of what I mentioned above w/ my own eye. hug dog
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 7/13/2009, 4:35 pm

Awww I hope it's nothing!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum