Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool Coats Really Work!

+5
northernwitch
Aussie Witch
Millie'sMichael
ayleash
PugMomTo2
9 posters

Go down

Cool Coats Really Work! Empty Cool Coats Really Work!

Post  PugMomTo2 5/26/2012, 8:19 pm

Huckstable is a black pug and just generally does not tolerate heat well. I recently ordered some Cool Coats - here is a link to the style I ordered (Cool Coats), although I see they have a new model which looks like it may even be better.

Today we attended OPR's annual reunion in Columbus, Ohio. Turnout was light this year as it was around 93 degrees, and it was really warm. There were about 50 pugs there, and you have never seen so many hot looking panting pugs. Daisy and Huckstable wore their Cool Coats and never panted once. We actually had people asking us what those coats were and remarking on the fact that our pugs seemed to be the most comfortable of any pug there. We were smart and kept them still in the shade for the most part, but I saw a number of other pugs similarly kept in pens in the shade, and they were panting while ours were not.

We wet their coats a few times through the day, and if you put your hand under the coat, you could actually feel how cool they were.

I did have to adjust the neck as it was just to tight for a pug. I simply went and bought some heavy duty snaps and some of the stuff leashes are made of and in about 10 minutes had them perfectly adjusted to fit the pugs.

Here is a picture of Daisy and Huck wearing their jackets:

Cool Coats Really Work! 546557_3734451834175_720555611_nCool Coats
PugMomTo2
PugMomTo2

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Cool Coats Really Work! Empty Re: Cool Coats Really Work!

Post  ayleash 5/27/2012, 5:27 am

They look like their are thinking "what's the big deal? We feel fine, and look dashing too!"
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 5/27/2012, 9:47 am

Good to know! I'm afraid we could be in for a scorcher this summer. They look. Great!
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/27/2012, 2:09 pm

Such a brilliant invention! Daisy and Huckstable look adorable and very happy.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/27/2012, 6:48 pm

Those are some cool looking pugs in their cool looking coats!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 5/28/2012, 2:06 am

They do look comfy-cool, when Julian puts on his

http://www.helpingudders.com/prod-RPCM%C2%AE+Chilly+Pup+Cool+Vest+-+Black%2c-607.aspx

cooling vest, its like another harness...It is literally ice that goes in these small pouches. He does not like it!

Do you have to get yours wet?
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 5/28/2012, 7:09 am

Look at your pair of supermodels there!

I wouldn't be without cool coats for summer shows. In the old days, I just wouldn't show in the hottest months.

These days with cool coats, cool mats and crate fans travelling and camping in the heat with Pugs is no problems. In fact one of my friends has a habit of using a spare cool coat around her own neck/shoulders in 100 degree plus heat.

This summer just past another exhibitor taught me a new trick with cool coats and mats - pick up a bag of ice enroute to the show. During the day the ice will slowly melt in the bag and you will have a ready supply of ice water as the coats evaporate dry and need re-wetting on hot windy days.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 5/29/2012, 12:49 pm

Hi Mary, haven't heard from you guys in awhile. The kids are as adorable as ever. I've so missed Daisy's toofers. hug dog
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/29/2012, 5:22 pm

Ms. Thang has a cooling dress, but it's the beads that you soak in water and they expand into a gel. These coats look a lot easier for her to wear. And your models are stunning, as always.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  PugMomTo2 5/31/2012, 7:54 pm

Thanks guys. I lurk at least once a week, I just don't post much, but I had to tell everyone how great these coats are.

Lisa, how are you and your kids? We're back in Vermilion on the weekends for the summer, maybe we can get together.

And the tip about the bag of ice is brilliant!
PugMomTo2
PugMomTo2

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 6/1/2012, 7:14 am

PugMomTo2 wrote:Lisa, how are you and your kids? We're back in Vermilion on the weekends for the summer, maybe we can get together.

We're doing great and would love to get together. Give me a call anytime.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down