Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Discharge after Urinating

3 posters

Go down

White Discharge after Urinating Empty White Discharge after Urinating

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/20/2009, 10:52 am

On our morning walk today I noticed that LuLu had some white discharge after she peed. I wiped it off with the poop bag, but about a half a block later there was a little more.
Does anyone know what this is a sign of?
Tyson has a vet appt. Thursday so I will take her with me-is this soon enough??, as I'm sure this needs to be checked out...
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

White Discharge after Urinating Empty Re: White Discharge after Urinating

Post  leslyeb 7/20/2009, 11:09 am

Well, that is one issue I haven't dealt with. Hopefully it is nothing serious!
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 7/20/2009, 1:32 pm

My Niko had something like this recently - I had not noticed it before, but noticed it twice in the last month.. but I had not associated it with peeing.. and she seemed completely unworried about it (and not off on food, or peeing or pooping at all)... She is spayed (long time ago)... so I didn't expect any "schmerz" (sorry guys)... but I was surprised, and surprised that if it has been happening in the years that I have had her, that I have not seen signs of it (i.e. wet spots on cushions etc.)...

so.. you are not alone, necessarily, but I have no answers, and I have not noticed any in the last 10 days... um.. maybe it's a passing allergy?? I have no idea.. if there was a smilie of an empty brain.. I would use it here for myself...
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/20/2009, 2:07 pm

I checked after she peed at lunch and there wasn't anything...residual.
She has had perivulvar dermatitis before-basically her vulva doesn't protrude as far as it should, which leads to urine pooling...bacteria...etc...
I called the vet and they said to bring in a urine sample if I can get one, plus I will take her with on Thursday.
I did some research on vaginitis, we'll see what the vet says...
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 7/20/2009, 2:14 pm

Becky,

Chyna had excess skin around her vulva so when she had her bladder flushed in April, the did the surgery to remove it. It was a pretty simple surgery and didn't seem painful for her. So far, she is bacteria free!!!!
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/20/2009, 2:18 pm

leslyeb wrote:Becky,

Chyna had excess skin around her vulva so when she had her bladder flushed in April, the did the surgery to remove it. It was a pretty simple surgery and didn't seem painful for her. So far, she is bacteria free!!!!

Thanks Leslye, glad to hear Chyna is doing well.
I mentioned the episioplasty to the vet one other time during LuLu's issue with perivulvar dermatitis-he said he had done them before, and from the research I've done they are most often effective.
I may bring it up again on Thursday. I definitely don't want to start down the long road of UTI's and everything else.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down