Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th

2 posters

Go down

Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th Empty Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th

Post  ayleash 7/31/2012, 10:45 am

I put this in "training" although I guess it could go in Rescue... In any case, based on her influence on the treatment of animals (not to mention he own extraordinary story), I might try to get to this lecture. (I'll be on the road that night - or would have been early the next morning - in that area.)

Wednesday,August 29, 2012

7:00 PM (doors open at 6:00 PM)

Worcester Technical High School Auditorium

1 Skyline Drive

Worcester, MA 01605

Temple
Grandin, PhD, the subject of the Emmy Award-winning 2010 film, “Temple
Grandin” (played by Claire Danes) will present a one-hour informational
lecture on humane livestock handling and treatment.
Dr. Grandin’s books will be available for sale.

This event is open to the public. Click here for registration:
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/ce/events/20120829.html

Suggested donations: Public $20, Students $5. Proceeds from these donations to benefit the Elizabeth Atwood Lawrence Fund in the
Center for Animals and Public Policy and the
Tufts Cummings Veterinary School’s working farm.

Dr. Temple Grandin
is a designer of livestock handling facilities and a
Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University. Almost half of
the cattle in North America are handled in a center track restrainer
system that she designed for meat plants.
She has also developed an objective scoring system for assessing
the handling of cattle and pigs at meat plants. This scoring system is
being used by many large corporations to improve animal welfare.

For more information, or if you wish to reserve a spot without making a donation, please contact:

Office of Continuing Education

vetceinfo@tufts.edu / 508-887-4723

www.tufts.edu/vet/ce
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th Empty Re: Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th

Post  Snifter&Toddy 8/1/2012, 5:37 am

I am envious. Am in the middle of "Animals in Translation" at the moment and really, really enjoying it.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th Empty Re: Temple Grandin presenting in Worcester MA August 29th

Post  ayleash 8/1/2012, 8:58 am

Snifter&Toddy wrote:I am envious. Am in the middle of "Animals in Translation" at the moment and really, really enjoying it.

A Co-founder of Camp Unleashed with me heard her speak at APDT last year, and went up to her and told her about Camp.

She replied -- Good, dogs need somewhere to go where they can just be dogs!

I am going to juggle up some terrier care for that few hours and go hear her (I'll be on the road to camp that night instead of the next morning, I guess!)!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum