Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norton the wandering pug

+3
FurSprinklers
Renee
Norton's Mom
7 posters

Go down

Norton the wandering pug Empty Norton the wandering pug

Post  Norton's Mom 10/15/2012, 2:03 pm

I need help/suggestions getting Norton is "pick his spot" and potty. Between him grazing off the rabbit droppings and finding his spot, I am going nuts. I let the dogs out with a "Hurry Up go potty". He will rush out and start looking for rabbit treats so I have to give him the reminder of Hurry up and it gets him back on track for a few minutes. He takes forEVER to find his spot. He traverses the yard but cannot make up his mind. I would like to find a way to get this process sped up to a quicker option. I have thought about a water spray bottle for when he goes after the rabbit treats but I just don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Norton's Mom
Norton's Mom

Number of posts : 510

http://www.snaphappygirl.com

Back to top Go down

Norton the wandering pug Empty Re: Norton the wandering pug

Post  Renee 10/15/2012, 2:21 pm

My suggestion is leashing him and walking him to the spots you want him to go.

My girl takes forever to find a spot too. Makes me crazy! I just watch her from out the window because I get sick of waiting outside while she smells every branch, blade of grass or fallen leaf.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 10/15/2012, 2:55 pm

What about putting an ex-pen in the yard and setting him in there to do potty time? That way there is less room to sniff around not having to use a leash?
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/15/2012, 5:02 pm

I wish there was an easy solution for this one as Pearl another one who likes to spend a long time in prep before the main event.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 10/15/2012, 5:36 pm

Four of our six dogs are in the "sniff every blade of grass before you pee" club. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, I just let them be... they love to investigate.
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 10/15/2012, 6:51 pm

Nearly every dog I have ever had has decide it was "time" (and place) when we turned to head for home (leashed)... It rarely mattered if we were ten feet from the door or ten thousand! hair pull
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/15/2012, 7:22 pm

Penny is a charter member of the "Gotta Find the Perfect Blade of Grass" club. Unless it is raining or snowing. Then, she is faster than a speeding bullet, when she's not on potty strike.Norton the wandering pug 253213
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 10/15/2012, 11:22 pm

It just started "Oregon Rain" here a couple of days ago...

Tallulah refuses to go out in the yard to pee, so she pees on the front step. Norton the wandering pug 253213I have yet to see her poop... Rolling Eyes
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 10/15/2012, 11:38 pm

Marlee goes on flat-out potty strikes if a single drop of rain falls. She's not great if there's frost or dew on the grass, either. Apparently moisture causes pugs to dissolve.

I can't offer any advice on getting one to potty in a particular spot. I'm just thrilled if Marlee goes at all. Rolling Eyes
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Norton's Mom 10/17/2012, 11:02 am

FurSprinklers wrote:What about putting an ex-pen in the yard and setting him in there to do potty time? That way there is less room to sniff around not having to use a leash?

That is a good idea until it snows which actually is a good thing. He runs out, pees and comes right back in. Pooping out in the snow...yeah that doesn't always happen. Rolling Eyes He prefers to use the "indoor meadow" Crying or Very sad as my husband calls it.

Aussie Witch wrote:I wish there was an easy solution for this one as Pearl another one who likes to spend a long time in prep before the main event.
It's driving me nuts and I am pretty sure my neighbors are pulling up chairs to see how long it takes him to find his "spot". Rolling Eyes

FurSprinklers wrote:Four of our six dogs are in the "sniff every blade of grass before you pee" club. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, I just let them be... they love to investigate.
Investigation would be a welcome change. He has to clear the yard of rabbit droppings first.

Pugsaunt wrote:Penny is a charter member of the "Gotta Find the Perfect Blade of Grass" club. Unless it is raining or snowing. Then, she is faster than a speeding bullet, when she's not on potty strike.Norton the wandering pug 253213
Funny thing is, Norton has no problem walking around in the rain, but definitely quick pees if it is pouring.
Norton's Mom
Norton's Mom

Number of posts : 510

http://www.snaphappygirl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down