Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

car-sickness

3 posters

Go down

car-sickness Empty car-sickness

Post  Imon 1/20/2013, 4:54 pm

Has anyone had any experience with pugs and carsickness? Freddie vomits after he's been in the car for more than an hour and a half. It's not always possible to stop the trip (and I'm very, very nervous about walking him in a rest area by the Garden State Parkway, which is a highly-travel, high-speed highway that we are one when traveling from our home down to Cape May.

Short trips don't seem to bother him, but this trip is usually between 2 and 3 hours. We don't feed him for a few hours before we travel, but he vomits anyway. He doesn't seem uncomfortable afterwards, but I still don't want him to have to feel like this every trip.

Does anyone know of anything we could give him to stave off the symptoms? I could try stopping the trip after an hour or so and just chilling out in the car, but I'm not going to risk him somehow slipping away at a rest stop. Just too many cars, driving way too fast.....
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

car-sickness Empty Re: car-sickness

Post  Pugsaunt 1/21/2013, 3:40 pm

Penny has never had that problem - she loves to travel. I have, though, heard good things about Rescue Remedy.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/22/2013, 1:37 am

Izzy used to get car sick when she was a puppy but has since grown out of it. The vet had me put a large stuffed toy in the crate with her. It was supposed to give her something to help balance her. It did seem to help.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum