Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fibre supplements

4 posters

Go down

Fibre supplements Empty Fibre supplements

Post  Snifter&Toddy 9/8/2009, 10:35 am

When Toddy had his endless upset tummy over the summer he was put on low fat veterinary kibble. The kibble was also low fibre and I felt that some extra fibre would help firm up his poops.

So the vet gave me an enormous vat of a supplement of pre-and pro-biotics with fibre. Toddy is now fine but I have been using up the remains of the vat by giving some to both pugs every two or three days.

Granted, it increases the volume of the poop but it also ensures a nice firm poop (hence reducing risk of anal gland issues) and I like the fact that it has the pre- and pro-biotics in it for Toddy's slightly sensitive digestion.

So, can anyone see any downsides in continuing with this regime (apart from the cost)?
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Fibre supplements Empty Re: Fibre supplements

Post  Pugsaunt 9/8/2009, 12:50 pm

I really can't think of a downside to it. It sounds like a good idea.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 9/8/2009, 7:19 pm

The increased poop volume is the only down side I can think of. If that hasn't been an issue, then I think you're fine.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 9/8/2009, 7:59 pm

I think it is great. I use pumpkin and a high fiber food. Lola poops like Odin does, but the butt juice instances are much more rare!!! Fibre supplements Icon_cheers
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down