Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump

Go down

article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump Empty article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump

Post  Guest 11/27/2009, 11:43 pm

think about all the ways youve encouraged her to act like a leaping lizard. after you realize what you do, you can change your reaction when your pugs around. for example, have you done any of the following?

- looked at her and smiled the first time she jumped at you

- talked lovingly to her when she put her paws up against you

- picked her up the moment she came to you

- tapped your leg, indicating it was ok to jump the moment she approached you

- given her a food treat when she leaped up

no doubt you've done one or more of these things, but its never to late to correct this behavior. to retrain puggy and stop her from jumping on you, follow these tips.

* completely ignore your pug when she jumps on you. i know how hard this is, but if you ignore her, she realizes she's not getting the reaction from you that she wants

* do nothing when she tries to jump higher and faster at you.

* when she stops jumping, and she will, then and only get down to her level and look her. she was hoping to see you all along.

* when she has all four feet on the ground, tell her what a good dog she is and give her a treat.

*teach her to sit as soon as she stars to jump up.

just something i read about in pugs for dummies and i felt like sharing it with you guys

Back to top Go down

article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump Empty Re: article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump

Post  Guest 12/4/2009, 5:09 pm

good info! thanks for sharing article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump 335895
mine isn't much of a jumper anymore but my aunt just got a pug and hers is..i'll have to pass it along to her!

Back to top Go down

article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump Empty Re: article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 12/5/2009, 10:26 am

Thanks for sharing that. Izzy is jumping maniac. article on how toconvince your pug that you dont want her to jump Icon_bounce
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down