Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pug Rescue in SW Florida

5 posters

Go down

Pug Rescue in SW Florida Empty Pug Rescue in SW Florida

Post  ownedbymypugs 12/6/2009, 7:54 pm

Today I got the following email from a very good friend of mine in SW Florida. . . . .
Since you pug owners are so tightly knit as to be verging on a cult (a la the old Cargo Cults) are you aware of any Pug groups in the South West Florida region?

Yesterday, someone found a pug, spent four hours looking for its owner, and then put the dog up on Freecycle as "free to a good home." I'm sure the original owners of the dog are searching for their pet, but they don't seem to have hit the net yet. I'm hoping to find them to reunite them with their lost dog who now has essentially been stolen.

Who should I tell him to get in contact with down there? I have already suggested that he tells the person to take the pug to a vet to see if it is microchipped, but who should I tell him to get in contact with as "the next step". Any help you all can give would be great appreciated! Pug Rescue in SW Florida 609723
ownedbymypugs
ownedbymypugs

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Pug Rescue in SW Florida Empty Re: Pug Rescue in SW Florida

Post  TxAllieGrl 12/6/2009, 8:00 pm

depends on how far South. I'd still guess that CFPR is probably the closest. Not sure if there's one in Naples, etc down there. CFPR would probably know who to contact - you may want to send Wendi a PM or e-mail?

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  ownedbymypugs 12/6/2009, 8:37 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote:depends on how far South. I'd still guess that CFPR is probably the closest. Not sure if there's one in Naples, etc down there. CFPR would probably know who to contact - you may want to send Wendi a PM or e-mail?

Hey Allie -

Thanks for getting back to me. . . . . I don't think I have "spoken" to Wendi here yet. . . . What is her name on here so I can PM her?
ownedbymypugs
ownedbymypugs

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/6/2009, 9:06 pm

Try these two rescues, they're closer to S FL than CFPR:

Compassionate Pug Rescue
E-mail: cpr@compassionatepugrescue.com
or

Pug Rescue of Florida, Inc.
E-mail: info@pugrescueofflorida.org
Phone: (407) 435-8815
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 12/6/2009, 11:07 pm

Not pug rescue specifically, but BeachyKeen/Patricia on PV is in Naples and works for a no-kill shelter there. She'd probably be willing and able to help, either with them or individually for transports and such.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  BDazzpugs 12/7/2009, 10:08 am

Thanks Sabra! There is also Planet Pug Rescue, but they are more in the West Palm area. http://www.planetpugs.com/
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down