Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murphy's been yelping

+8
PugLady3
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Pugsaunt
Aussie Witch
Imon
Maryjo
TNPUGMOMOF3
Newsie96
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Murphy's been yelping - Page 2 Empty Re: Murphy's been yelping

Post  Puggered 1/4/2010, 9:31 pm

Oh, I'm glad he's feeling better! Will keep milking the troops here for puggy vibes for him to get better.

Newsie96 wrote:...As for crate rest, it's not going to work for Murphy because he's spoiled. He hasn't been in a crate since he was under a year. Now he won't even go near one

This is one reason why at least once a month, each one of mine is given crate time and/or pen time. Just to keep them feeling comfortable in a pen/crate in case I need to confine them for whatever reason. Right now Cheddar is getting a few hours daily practice as he will probably need to be confined immediately after his neuter op (which is tomorrow). I like to have them accustomed to crating so that makes a safe, stress free place for them.

I understand perfectly why you can't crate him if it will stress him further, stress will not help his recovery at all.
While you are waiting for those steps (which he may not use) grab a few cheap workout mats or yoga mats (the really dense foam ones) and put them on the floor next to the bed so that at least he is landing on shock absorbers if he does jump. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Last edited by Puggered on 1/4/2010, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'cos I am the typo queen (sigh))
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Murphy's been yelping - Page 2 Empty Re: Murphy's been yelping

Post  Guest 1/5/2010, 5:58 pm

aw, poor Murph! im sorry to hear he got hurt! glad everything was figured out so quickly and he can rest plenty and heal up soon. sending positive puggie vibes your way! Murphy's been yelping - Page 2 335895

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum