Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pug beauty contest in So CA

+2
Maryjo
LisaW
6 posters

Go down

Pug beauty contest in So CA Empty Pug beauty contest in So CA

Post  LisaW 2/24/2010, 11:29 am

Lisa, Not Afraid has mentioned this event. It's really fun! Hope to see some of you there. It's at an outdoor mall this time w/ lots of parking.
The annual Bulldog beauty contest is this sunday Feb 28th. There is a pug contest too! We'll be there! Fun times! It's in Long Beach, CA.
http://www.bulldogbeauty.com/
LisaW
LisaW

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Pug beauty contest in So CA Empty Re: Pug beauty contest in So CA

Post  Maryjo 2/24/2010, 12:57 pm

*grin* Send me a ticket! Pug beauty contest in So CA Icon_lol
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/24/2010, 3:06 pm

hehe! that sounds super fun! *thumbs up!*

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/24/2010, 3:40 pm

Lisa, we might see you there! I've got a girlfriend visiting from Utah so maybe we can convince her to come. Hope Mochi and Olive take first in the pug contest!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/24/2010, 5:00 pm

I will be there! Thurston has his "Best Legs" title to uphold. I wonder if they have a contest for Best Slam Dance or Toughest Bitch - Kimchi would win, hands down! It will be interesting to see how my sweet girl does in this environment. I may have a reenactment of Andrew and Nilla at the Chicago Pug Meet up.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/24/2010, 5:06 pm

I just talked to my girlfriend and we are there! Off to book me some front row seats . . .

Hey, for you veterans, we haven't been to this event before. Any advice re parking, what to bring? Like blankets or lawn chairs? Food and drinks for purchase? Will it be an absolute crush? We're bringing one toddler and one pug and I'm trying to figure out if the best way to get everyone through the crowd is to bring a stroller for each. Or maybe I should try to borrow a wagon.

Oh wait! Lisa, is it at the place by the water where we saw you and Lisa W. a year ago? I remember something like that.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/24/2010, 5:22 pm

It's at a new location. There is a shopping center on PCH and 2nd/Westminster called The Marketplace. (There is a Ruby's there that is near the street. It's across Westminster from In-n-Out.) There will tons of parking all around the shopping center. In the middle of the shopping center is a grassy area and a pond. I'm not sure how they are going to set things up. It seems like it may be a bit of a mess to walk around in that area, but it's been a while since I've been there. I know they are only allowing a few vendors and NO rescues.

I don't know about blankets. I would bring one but I am having a hard time figuring out where everything is going to be. We could always meet at a restaurant and have a nosh - there's a seafood restaurant that has an outside patio (although having the number of dogs we will have may make it a challenge.) Maybe we should just picnic.

Maybe I'll take a run down to the center and check things out. I have to go to P&P to pick up some free range Bully sticks today. That's close by.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaW 2/24/2010, 6:02 pm

There will be no food booths. I think water is for sale. There is a pick up sticks we can eat at! There are outdoor tables. There is a coffee bean & a Golden spoons yogurt. All of which will be super crowded as they are about the only "fast food" places there. A Trader Joes too. I would suggest chairs. Grass may be wet/damp. It's an outdoor mall sorta, & there are cover walk ways. My cell is 562-235-5245. See ya there!
LisaW
LisaW

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/24/2010, 6:08 pm

Lisa, do you have my cell? I know Kendie does.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaW 2/24/2010, 6:16 pm

no. You can email it to me if ya want. or pm me.
LisaW
LisaW

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/24/2010, 6:32 pm

I've got both your numbers. See you gals there. Hope it will be a BEAUTIFUL day!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 2/24/2010, 7:17 pm

looks like Mochi on the home page of that website! Pug beauty contest in So CA 609723
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 2/24/2010, 7:46 pm

Yep, I'm jealous!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaW 2/25/2010, 10:47 am

Mel wrote:looks like Mochi on the home page of that website! Pug beauty contest in So CA 609723
yes it is!!! Good eye!
LisaW
LisaW

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 2/25/2010, 2:14 pm

LisaW wrote:
Mel wrote:looks like Mochi on the home page of that website! Pug beauty contest in So CA 609723
yes it is!!! Good eye!

How could I not recognize that beautiful flower? Pug beauty contest in So CA Icon_wink

I wish you guys were closer. Zoe and I would love to go!
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/25/2010, 2:39 pm

Lisa or Lisa, are either of you going to be there early? I won't be able to mail my reservation for front row seats in time for Sunday. If one of you is getting there early, any chance you'd be willing to get me four of the reserved seats? I'll pay you when I see you. Let me know if that's possible. Now Karl wants to bring everyone -- all three pugs, Logan, the two of us, my girlfriend, a giant wagon, and a few captain's chairs. We're going to be a hot mess by the time we get there.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/25/2010, 6:51 pm

I just dropped off my registration yesterday (and got 2 seats). I will probably get there at 9 so I can drop off Alpha cards at the P&P booth. I can get you 4 seats if they are available. You can also use my 2 during the pug parade as Chris and I will be parading.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/25/2010, 8:21 pm

Not Afraid wrote:I just dropped off my registration yesterday (and got 2 seats). I will probably get there at 9 so I can drop off Alpha cards at the P&P booth. I can get you 4 seats if they are available. You can also use my 2 during the pug parade as Chris and I will be parading.

Thanks, Lisa. We have no hope of getting there by 9. I'll call you when we get there. Can't wait to root for some of our favorite pugs!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down