Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump

+17
thminis
GracieNEmma
Renee
Puglove2
Imon
Javalita
sallyandtilly
northernwitch
dieselsmom
Eph91
Snifter&Toddy
MommaJones
Cathy
Aussie Witch
Not Afraid
Saira
Sara
21 posters

Go down

*Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump Empty *Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump

Post  Sara 3/7/2010, 3:42 am

It's on her chest toward an armpit area, about the size of an eraser head, but not that tall.

We'll be off to meet the new vet on Monday I suppose, or I will call them Monday anyway.

Please think good thoughts for my girl that it's nothing. I was *just* saying how she is at the perfect age right now, not a hyper puppy, but still young and healthy. I am trying to be brave and not worry too much, but it's hard when I don't know what it is .

Oh and a question. If she has to go under to have it removed can I get her teeth cleaned too? She needs her teeth cleaned pretty badly from what I can tell myself.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

*Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump Empty Re: *Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump

Post  Saira 3/7/2010, 3:45 am

Sara wrote:It's on her chest toward an armpit area, about the size of an eraser head, but not that tall.

We'll be off to meet the new vet on Monday I suppose, or I will call them Monday anyway.

Please think good thoughts for my girl that it's nothing. I was *just* saying how she is at the perfect age right now, not a hyper puppy, but still young and healthy. I am trying to be brave and not worry too much, but it's hard when I don't know what it is .

Oh and a question. If she has to go under to have it removed can I get her teeth cleaned too? She needs her teeth cleaned pretty badly from what I can tell myself.

Sorry, Sara, I know it's never fun when something pops up. Hooli had a lump that we decided to take out at the same time he went for a dental, to avoid him going under twice. The vet actually said that would be best, hopefully if you do have to have it removed, yours can be done at the same time too!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

*Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump Empty Re: *Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump

Post  Not Afraid 3/7/2010, 4:09 am

I hope it is nothing to worry about. I'll be thinking of her until you gets some (good) results. If she does have to have it removed, doing a dental is a great thing to combine with something else. A dental is a necessary procedure and not terribly invasive, so it is a good thing to combine with something that requires anesthesia.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 3/7/2010, 4:11 am

I agree she needs the dental, I even tried the guy out here that claims he can do it without putting them under. He didn't do a very thorough job.

I'll update when I know something. I know lumps and bumps aren't always scary, but they are when it's your baby.
Sara
Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/7/2010, 5:00 am

So hope it's nothing more than a lipoma. Big hugs. *Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 3/7/2010, 8:26 am

I hope it's nothing.
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 3/7/2010, 8:29 am

I'll say a prayer for Co-Pilot. Give her a kiss from me. And hugs to you!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 3/7/2010, 9:25 am

I hope it's nothing. But yes, if she needs anything else done (even nail clipping) I would certainly vote to have it done whilst she's under if that proves necessary.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2010, 9:31 am

Every little bump thows me in a tizzy. I'm sure is nothing but you need that peace of mind. Please let us know as soon as you hear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 3/7/2010, 10:05 am

Emmet is my lumpy guy (he's had both kinds--benign and MCT). We'll hope it's the former for your gal, and yes, a small lump removal should leave plenty of time for a dental. Keep us posted!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 3/7/2010, 11:12 am

Sara, I hope it's nothing at all. But keep in mind, even if it is an MCT, if they get good clean margins, then it's all taken care of. Grace had a grade 2 MCT (they go from 1-3, 1 the lowest) and since they got clean margins, there was no follow-up, and 2 1/2 years later, we've never had another one show up.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/7/2010, 11:31 am

Good luck, Sara. I always have the vet do anything else that might need doing when they are under--might as well take advantage of it and minimize the amount of times they are anaesthetized.

Let us know.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 3/7/2010, 11:35 am

Tilly has had a few little bumps and they just went away on their own. Don't worry, Sara, until there is something to worry about. Sending CP lots of positive vibes.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 3/7/2010, 11:54 am

I'll be thinking of you guys - I hope that it turns out to be nothing.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 3/7/2010, 12:06 pm

Prayers and good thoughts headed her way!

Otto had something like this on his chest once, and I panicked. The vet told me to wait a week and see what happened, and by the end of the week, it had shriveled up and fallen off.

Hugs to Co-Pilot!
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 3/7/2010, 4:05 pm

lots of good vibes for co-pilot!
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 3/7/2010, 9:05 pm

I'm sure it will be okay. I'll keep your little puggy in my thoughts that it is no big deal.

My Ichiro has to get one removed too, we just haven't schedule his surgery yet! Every little bump scares me too!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 3/7/2010, 9:25 pm

Saying a little prayer for CP and that it's nothing at all. To answer your question about the dental, I'd do it while she's under as well. I've gotta call tomorrow to schedule Gracie's, which I'm not looking forward to. Please keep us posted on what the vet says. hug dog
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 3/7/2010, 11:22 pm

Good thoughts for Miss CP that it's nothing! No vet should want to put a pet, especially a pug, under more than is needed, so I'm sure they'd combine the two if at all possible. At the vet's I work at we remove lumps and bumps commonly with dentals. Good luck and try not to worry!
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 3/8/2010, 7:54 am

Aw Sara it's so scary when we find something on our babies. I hope the Vet tells you it's nothing to worry about.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 3/8/2010, 11:42 am

I'll be calling as soon as they open today. We are going to Gina's vet (can't think of her screen name or if she is on this board) but she has 4 pugs and has been going there for 15 years. Her babies are Molly, Olly, Izzy and Ozzy if you know who she is. I adore her and her husband and they will also be watching CP for us when we go to a wedding at the end of the month.

Anyway, I am glad the resounding YES on the dental. I asked because I didn't know if "agitating bacteria" during a minor surgery was an issue.
Sara
Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/8/2010, 12:18 pm

Poor Co-Pilot. I will be hoping everything is fine today.

*Sigh* my sweet pea has a little lump 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 3/8/2010, 1:03 pm

Ack!!! Poor CP! Please keep us updated. Thinking about you guys hug dog
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2010, 4:02 pm

Sending positive vibes that it's nothing serious! good luck at the vet!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/8/2010, 7:17 pm

Hugs to Miss CP and hugs to you, and fingers and everything else crossed that it is nothing.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down