Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itchy!

4 posters

Go down

Itchy! Empty Itchy!

Post  Newsie96 3/29/2010, 10:02 pm

Do any of your pugs get itchy come spring. Murphy and Duke have been itchy pugs lately. There are no fleas (we had some fleas this winter so everyone was treated and there is NO flea dirt) but they are going to down itching. Could it be the weather? I also thought it could be the new simple solutions salmon (Wellness) I put them on to supplement the dry. (They were both just not gaining the weight so I had to supplement the raw with something.) Could they be allergic to fish? Have you heard of this before?

I'm playing phone tag with the new vet right now, but I thought I'd throw it out to the pug experts.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Itchy! Empty Re: Itchy!

Post  FurSprinklers 3/29/2010, 11:53 pm

Wow, that is a hard one for you.... just becoming spring and new food. Can you get a good oatmeal or hypoallergenic shampoo for the furkids? Let them soak a good ten minutes in the oatmeal shampoo, and then rinse with cooler water as well as you can. The cooler water is more soothing to their skin. To warm of water will make the skin more itchy.

I was feeding that same food to my crew, Archie and Yoda got the itches from it and my vet had us switch to California Natural, Herring and Sweet potato. They love it and are doing great on it!

Good luck!
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 3/30/2010, 9:39 am

Tilly is getting the Spring itchies. She has been biting at her feet lately.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/30/2010, 6:41 pm

Mine doesn't..but my old dog did. Could be seasonal allergies... here's a few articles on it: if it might be it? hope it goes away soon !

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1587&aid=503

http://www.pr.com/press-release/218948

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 3/30/2010, 6:49 pm

sallyandtilly wrote:Tilly is getting the Spring itchies. She has been biting at her feet lately.

Same with Bruno. Grass really bothers him in the spring. It's been benadryl city lately.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down