Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little something for my vet?

+3
Amber
GracieNEmma
TxAllieGrl
7 posters

Go down

A little something for my vet? Empty A little something for my vet?

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/20/2009, 9:11 am

I thought I'd throw this out there to you guys. My vet has been amazing while we've been trying to get Angel on a good path. He has talked to me via phone every day for a couple of weeks, and then every other day since. He always takes my calls (even if I have to hold for a couple of minutes), and has just been wonderful.

While yes, I'm paying for his services when I'm taking her in there or getting her meds, I'm not paying anything for the phone time and his genuine concern about it. I keep thinking what a difference our own human healthcare would be if physicians cared as much as vets!

I was thinking about getting him something to say "thank you". Is that appropriate? What would be appreciated? I'm out of ideas here....so figured I'd ask y'all!

much thanks!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

A little something for my vet? Empty Re: A little something for my vet?

Post  GracieNEmma 5/20/2009, 10:12 am

I think it's appropriate. Yes, he is getting paid but it's very hard to come across a good vet, let alone one that will call everyday and keep you updated with things. If anything, I would think even a thank you card would make him happy. He may or may not post it in the lobby but some businesses like stuff like that to show others that they are doing a good job. It's nice that your thinking about it. Some people would say they are just doing their job.
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 5/20/2009, 11:56 am

I would send him one of your lovely handmade cards (and if you want maybe include a Starbucks GC or something small like that). My vet's exam rooms have shelves that are full of the thank you cards people have sent them over the years.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/20/2009, 12:34 pm

Heck, yes, I think it's appropriate. I give my vet stuff pretty regularly as she's great with my guys and the rescues. I usually give her one of the rescue calendars every year. I gave her a copy of the Bob book since she knew him well.
I suspect vets, like many of us, get alot of grief, but not always a thank you.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/20/2009, 1:20 pm

great ideas - thanks guys!!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 5/20/2009, 3:47 pm

I made a card for out vet using pics of Izzy and Aggy in the cape and crown with "thank you for treating us like the royalty we are" and a gift card for a dog boutique in it. She loved it. I think a great vet is worth their weight in gold.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/29/2009, 1:35 am

I think your vet sounds awesome! I like the idea of a handmade card or something with Angel's picture and a small giftcard?
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 5/29/2009, 8:05 am

I would send a special card and/or make some nice fresh cookies. Yummy!
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum