Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble

5 posters

Go down

Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble Empty Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble

Post  MandyPug 5/6/2010, 2:23 am

I know i've not posted here in quite a while, but i work in the pet food industry and felt i needed to share the following with you all...

Natura which includes Innova, Evo, California Natural, Healthwise, and
Mother Nature is being bought out by money hungry giants Proctor and
Gamble. The same folks that bought out Iams and Eukanuba way back when
and downgraded that kibble.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9FGP1IG0.htm

Who knows if we'll see a downgrade in quality (we probably will for the
almighty dollar considering the history of the company) or if we'll see
Natura's stellar stance against cruel animal
testing held up. I just know i get a really bad feeling about this and
will no longer be recommending any of these products. It's more than
ingredients in the food, company reputation and manufacturer reputation
holds alot of water in my books too.

I know alot of people (used in general sense) aren't into food, or even
worry about anything to do with food besides low prices and if their dog
does well. However i urge everyone to take a stand against these
companies that care more about the dollar than the quality of the
product they produce or the number of animals they kill in the process.

Please contact Natura and express your distaste for their latest
business move. It may not do anything since the takeover is planned for
one month from now, but every voice and email counts.

Email:
Use contact form on http://www.naturapet.com/about-natura/contact.asp
Phone Number:
1(800) 532-7261
Mailing Address:
PO Box 271
Santa Clara, CA 95052-0271
USA

Thank You.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble Empty Re: Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble

Post  Aussie Witch 5/6/2010, 4:38 am

That's a great shame! Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble Icon_cry
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble Empty Re: Natura Pet Products Purchased by Proctor and Gamble

Post  Not Afraid 5/6/2010, 12:19 pm

That is very sad news. I try to stay away from products that come from big manufacturers or packers. Natura made a good product and established a good name for themselves. That's what P&G are purchasing and I'm sure they will ruin the product like they did the others they bought.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 5/6/2010, 12:23 pm

Not Afraid wrote:That is very sad news. I try to stay away from products that come from big manufacturers or packers. Natura made a good product and established a good name for themselves. That's what P&G are purchasing and I'm sure they will ruin the product like they did the others they bought.

I remember (very faintly) the Pre-P&G Iams and Eukanuba. Only sold in boutique type stores, had reasonably quality ingredients. In the name of the dollar they went down. We're taking a "wait and see" approach, but to be honest from an ethical standpoint i don't feel comfortable with the foods on the shelves post-takeover.

A side note though, i LOVE the quote in your signature. It's brilliant.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/6/2010, 12:31 pm

Yeah, I got the email about this today. VERY depressing. Thanks for posting this, Mandypug.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 5/6/2010, 7:41 pm

Well, in that case, I just that I just bought my last bag of California Natural today. I keep a small bag on hand for treats and just incase we need some kibble. I can not knowingly support a company that tests on animals for their products. Not the dog food aspect of it, but their other products.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/7/2010, 2:34 pm

oOH shoot,...bummer... :(

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down