Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argh!

+5
Sara
northernwitch
Aussie Witch
TxAllieGrl
Saira
9 posters

Go down

Argh! Empty Argh!

Post  Saira 5/21/2009, 9:34 pm

This will end with Blanche's famous line..."and that, your honor, is why I shot him." or something like that. I got home a little bit ago and just got downstairs. Ken just left for a work meeting and I took the puggies outside and noticed Sophie's bumps are HUGE. How does he not notice this?? And of course, now it's after hours for the vet.

Ken's a great pug dad, he's just not the most observant! What is funny is Sophie was lying on his lap all afternoon!

I just gave her a 1/2 a pill (today was her no dose day so that is probably why she flared up so bad) and will watch it and call the vet in the morning. But sheesh!!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Argh! Empty Re: Argh!

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/21/2009, 9:43 pm

boys are dumb. even the ones ya let hang around...

hopefully Sophie will be ok!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/21/2009, 10:49 pm

Poor little Sophie! Hope they all go down soon. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/21/2009, 10:51 pm

The line is:

And that's when I shot him, Your Honour.

Lots of good wishes and thoughts to Sophie who is one of my favourites.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/21/2009, 10:59 pm

Poor Sophie, sending good thoughts her way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/21/2009, 11:37 pm

northernwitch wrote:The line is:

And that's when I shot him, Your Honour.

Lots of good wishes and thoughts to Sophie who is one of my favourites.

Oh yeah! WHEN, not WHY!! Very Happy

She is better-the bumps have gone down and she gets her Atopica tonight so it should help her from itching and making it worse.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/21/2009, 11:59 pm

Glad she is better. They aren't observant, it's a fact of life.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 5/22/2009, 10:54 am

Glad she's better. MEN!
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/22/2009, 11:04 am

Snifter&Toddy wrote:Glad she's better. MEN!

I wonder what the "thanks" button does as I just hit that instead of the quote?? Very Happy Anyways, get this! So Ken gets home late and I tell him Sophie had huge flare ups on her backside-so he gets quiet for a minute and goes "hmm...maybe that's my fault." So I ask why, and he said they were outside and she was all hyper so they were playing and he was playing with her on the grass and she was on her back all hyper and wrestling. Rolling Eyes SheesH!! No wonder!! I was trying to figure out why they would have flared up because we hadn't just cut the lawn and the pollen count wasn't terribly high.

So THAT'S when I shot him, your honor. Laughing
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/22/2009, 11:19 am

oh good grief Saira. I'm laughing...but I really do feel for ya.

Give that man a clue.....!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 5/22/2009, 11:33 am

Can't live with, can't live without them & you gotta love them right? Very Happy Well, at least you know why they flared up. Glad to hear she's doing better.
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/22/2009, 11:53 am

Glad Sophie is feeling better.
I am convinced men are born with that gene, it's called if I don't see it it's not there.
I had noticed what appeared to be dried pee on the floor, I know this is gross but I figured since it was dry I would just let it be and see how long it took my husband to see it. He never did, after a few weeks I pointed it out to him, it was near his dresser on his side of the room and yet he walked past it every day for a few weeks and never noticed.
I was the one to finally clean it up. Hopefully the judge will be a married female!

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/22/2009, 11:59 am

Donna wrote:Glad Sophie is feeling better.
I am convinced men are born with that gene, it's called if I don't see it it's not there.
I had noticed what appeared to be dried pee on the floor, I know this is gross but I figured since it was dry I would just let it be and see how long it took my husband to see it. He never did, after a few weeks I pointed it out to him, it was near his dresser on his side of the room and yet he walked past it every day for a few weeks and never noticed.
I was the one to finally clean it up. Hopefully the judge will be a married female!

LoL Donna, this happens all the time here too. I used to think Ken was just saying he didn't see it, but I am becoming more and more convinced they really DON'T!

Good thing he has other good qualities, because observant is not one of them.

I have him trained pretty good though now about when he knows I am going to get my hair done, when I get home he always says "it looks really nice!" but I am convinced that if I actually dig deeper and ask him what I had done, he'd never be able to tell me.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/22/2009, 12:05 pm

[quote="Saira
I have him trained pretty good though now about when he knows I am going to get my hair done, when I get home he always says "it looks really nice!" but I am convinced that if I actually dig deeper and ask him what I had done, he'd never be able to tell me.[/quote]

I just had my hair done last week, I got rid of a big chunk of the grey, the first thing my friend said when I saw her that night was wow, you got rid of a lot of grey...it took me pointing it out to my husband a week later for him to notice!
They really don't see stuff , it's just not on their radar.

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 5/22/2009, 12:08 pm

Saira wrote:
Snifter&Toddy wrote:Glad she's better. MEN!

I wonder what the "thanks" button does as I just hit that instead of the quote?? Very Happy Anyways, get this! So Ken gets home late and I tell him Sophie had huge flare ups on her backside-so he gets quiet for a minute and goes "hmm...maybe that's my fault." So I ask why, and he said they were outside and she was all hyper so they were playing and he was playing with her on the grass and she was on her back all hyper and wrestling. Rolling Eyes SheesH!! No wonder!! I was trying to figure out why they would have flared up because we hadn't just cut the lawn and the pollen count wasn't terribly high.

So THAT'S when I shot him, your honor. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Well I guess that makes sense, huh?
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 5/22/2009, 12:26 pm

Chris is pretty good about most things but he does have that "clueless" gene than most men seem to have. I'm ALWAYS the one to notice that there's something wrong with any of the animals. Trixie had some stomach distress and was obviously uncomfortable (and panting). She was sitting on his desk right next to him and he didn't notice. Hello? Clueless party of one!

The other thing that he does that drives me crazy is that he will do the dishes but he won't wipe down the counters. How hard is that to do? I really want to send him to Housecleaning 101 class. (And, I'm NOT a neat freak - at all!)
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down