Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)...

+6
TNPUGMOMOF3
Pugsaunt
Aussie Witch
Saira
TxAllieGrl
Maryjo
10 posters

Go down

The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Empty The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)...

Post  Maryjo 7/24/2010, 8:54 pm

I like to go to the annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog. The idea for the dog jog is to get pledges and then you walk a mile, or jog 5K and all the money goes to help the dogs and cats they take in. I didn't get pledges this year (I do that about every other year), I just paid my entry fee and did about 1/2 mile with my lazy group. LOL

I took Odie Gus Gus, Bozlee & Chloe today. Sometimes I take one of our rescue pugs, but that didn't work out today.

Lining up to go thru the field and woods, someone's dog had just been in one of the many swimming pools set up to cool them off. See the footprints?
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2210

We got there a little late, and were at the tail end of the group walking. It is a wonderful walk into some woods. The event is held at a nearby high school, so we start off in their soccer field.
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2213

A look back at the sponsors' and vendors' tents
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2212

Some of the crowd. The weather had threatening skies, but it didn't rain on us, and stayed nice and cool.
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2209

There was a flyball demo- Vickie, who runs Polar Pug Rescue, is really into this sport.
I managed to get a few pics of the dogs as they grabbed the balls, otherwise, it was just blurs. LOL
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dg2232

The JR at the far side is one of VIckie's flyball dogs.
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2231

I love this shot. He's fast!
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2228

A close-up of Vickie's JR. He's ready to go again!
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2220

Almost all the dogs I met were rescues!
Isn't this dog gorgeous? I forgot to ask, but I am betting greyhound is involved:
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2237

These Great Danes weren't rescues. The male still had dangly bits, that weren't so bitty. But they were friendly.
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2236

more in next message...
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Empty Re: The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)...

Post  Maryjo 7/24/2010, 9:00 pm

The pics I took of my gang while walking were basically of their backs and rear ends.

Odie Gus Gus on top, Bozlee and Chloe in her outfit
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2215

They loved the walk!
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2214

After the walk, I got a kind volunteer to hold them so I could get a front-on pic:
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2216

A second pic:
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2217

A close-up of Chloe for Marci. She's so gorgeous! She won third-place in a costume contest, we got a gift certificate to a local Mexican restaurant!
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2223

While we sat and watched flyball, the boys decided this gentleman needed to be picked on, OOPS... I mean they wanted to be friends with him. He didn't mind, he has black labs, so his clothes may never live thru a fawn-pug hair blow-out. LOL
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2224

Bozlee has the best smile!
The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Dj2225

That's all folks!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)... Empty Re: The Annual 'Friends of Pets' Dog Jog was today (pics)...

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/25/2010, 12:32 am

fun event!!

I just love how happy Bosley is, and how pretty Ms. Chloe is. And Odie Gus Gus is handsome - great pics of the trio!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/25/2010, 12:37 am

Love the pics, and I LOVE the pic of the 3 of them!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/25/2010, 12:51 am

Saira wrote:Love the pics, and I LOVE the pic of the 3 of them!

I wish I could have brought Rocky to get a foursome pic, but this event has a LOT of walking, and I didn't want his arthritis flaring up. He got his beauty sleep while we were there, and I brought him a buffalo bullystick... It is huge! *LOL*
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/25/2010, 2:43 am

What a fabulous fundraising idea - great pix MJ!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/25/2010, 4:49 pm

That looks like it was so much fun for everyone. Love the pics of all three of them, and yes, Bozlee has the best smile ever!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/25/2010, 5:48 pm

There is that sweet girl!!!! I am glad you could take them out to frolic! Too fun! I would love something like that here, but much later in the year! Way too hot right now!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 7/25/2010, 7:00 pm

Looks like a great time was had by all. Love Bozlee's smile too!
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/27/2010, 9:56 am

Looks like such a fun time!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 7/27/2010, 12:07 pm

Loved seeing Chloe!!! And Bozlee looks wonderful. And not to feel left out, Odie Gus Gus is handsome as ever.

We had a walk here in the spring and raised just at $3000. We're going to do it again next year. It was fun.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/27/2010, 12:21 pm

What a great day! I love the pics of your gang! Bozlee is looking downright trim. Nice work, MJ!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down