Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't do raffles with Pay Pal?

+2
Aussie Witch
Brenda
6 posters

Go down

Can't do raffles with Pay Pal?  Empty Can't do raffles with Pay Pal?

Post  Brenda 8/28/2010, 3:49 pm

Are any other rescues having trouble using Pay Pal for raffles? I was told Pay Pal looks at raffles as gambling now and we aren't allowed to use them anymore for raffles! They put a hold on our account until I take Pay Pal off of any raffles. Isn't this insane?? They even linked to here where we talked about the TV raffle. Why are they picking on us??? We've got a huge new fundraiser coming up soon and were going to use Pay Pal and now we can't.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Can't do raffles with Pay Pal?  Empty Re: Can't do raffles with Pay Pal?

Post  Aussie Witch 8/28/2010, 4:33 pm

OH FOR F*CK'S SAKE!! Surely they can make exceptions for a registered charity? That sucks in the EXTREME.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 8/28/2010, 6:19 pm

That's what I though! We're listed as non profit, but we still can't.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 8/28/2010, 7:56 pm

What the hell? You would think given SEPRAs background they would make an exception
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 8/28/2010, 9:18 pm

I'm not surprised, I'm actually surprised it took them this long to implement the rule.

Most states have extensive rules regarding holding raffles and most that are interstate aren't legal. The State attoreny generals must have threatened Pay Pal.

It does suck for rescues, but I understand why they are doing it.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/4/2010, 6:23 pm

We just got a letter saying we can't even sell our Pug O Rama EVENT tickets online. This blows. So, a heads up to you other rescues, I'm guessing we'll all get hit soon!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 10/4/2010, 6:50 pm

Saira wrote:We just got a letter saying we can't even sell our Pug O Rama EVENT tickets online. This blows. So, a heads up to you other rescues, I'm guessing we'll all get hit soon!

Wow, that's completely crazy! I wonder what the hell is going on over there? So I guess PayPal is basically shutting down all services to all non-profits unless it is a straight up donation?
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/4/2010, 6:52 pm

smoochieface wrote:
Saira wrote:We just got a letter saying we can't even sell our Pug O Rama EVENT tickets online. This blows. So, a heads up to you other rescues, I'm guessing we'll all get hit soon!

Wow, that's completely crazy! I wonder what the hell is going on over there? So I guess PayPal is basically shutting down all services to all non-profits unless it is a straight up donation?

That seemed to be the gist of it, I haven't seen the letter in person but we had to take all POR stuff off our site until we got it straightened out-like Brenda, they threatened to close our account. Only other thing I can think of is our flyers mentioned there would be raffles AT the event. scratch
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 10/4/2010, 7:13 pm

That is REALLY weird!! Thanks for the heads up...I was going to contact them about their "Virtual terminal" for taking credit cards.

Please let us know the details when you find out!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 10/4/2010, 9:50 pm

That's ridiculous!! I would suggest calling them, they were actually nice when I called, so maybe they can shed some light as to why?
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum