Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaking?

+13
DeeAnn
Aussie Witch
rachi
akc0104
Javalita
GingerSnap
sallyandtilly
lindarpugma
MommaJones
Puglove2
dieselsmom
Amber
Sara
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shaking? Empty Shaking?

Post  Sara 5/31/2009, 7:06 pm

****Update, CP did go to the vet tonight and she's okay, but she does have a back issue and I am really worried about her and it SUCKS that she is on "bed rest".

Okay this is weird.

Co-Pilot has been normal add day, even slept in our bed some last night. She was just hanging out as usual, as my mom left I walked her out and she waited by the front door. Scott went to the kitchen to get her some cheese and so she jumped in her bed in the living room, as he went to give it to her she would not take it and meanwhile I walk in from walking my mom out, she's shaking, it's strange, nothing I have ever seen before.

She ultimately ate the cheese Scott brought her, but was shaking as she took it. I then carried her into the family room and set her by her bed there and gave her two more tiny pieces of cheese, she took them from me, but was also shaking. I left her to go in the kitchen (to see if she'd follow) she stayed in her bed and the shaking stopped, but she just seems lethargic! Now she has not gotten her usual nap today as the house has been "bus" but this seems more than her just missing a nap.

It's Sunday, I can take her to the ER vet if I need to, but she isn't shaking now and I just don't know if I am overreacting.

Thoughts? Oh and right now she is laying in her bed, sort of an odd position, which makes me wonder if something hurts her? And of course I know shaking can be a sign of pain, my poor girl, I don't want to be the idiot on the computer when my girl needs to get to the vet but I also don't want to overreact.

Last edited by Sara on 6/1/2009, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Shaking? Empty Re: Shaking?

Post  Amber 5/31/2009, 7:33 pm

I would take her in. You know her best and I would trust your gut. I'll be thinking of you guys Hug
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/31/2009, 7:39 pm

I just called my own resident pug expert Sarina. I am going to keep a close eye on her until her dinner time (she is sleeping now) if she eats dinner, I'll just continue to watch her and take her in tomorrow for blood work and an exam. If she refuses food/water. seems worse, or begins to shake any more, we'll go right in.

I do know she is really tired at the moment from a busy weekend and she is sleeping in her bed.
Sara
Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 5/31/2009, 7:40 pm

I agree with Amber. It sounds like she's in pain, whether she just tweaked something and needs some pain meds and rest or whether it's something more serious, probably worth a trip, if for no reason other than to make you feel better. Just my two cents. If it were me, I'd go to the vet.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 5/31/2009, 8:09 pm

poor co-pilot! sounds like she may have been in pain. maybe she just twisted something?

i would watch her and if she continues to shake or refuse to eat/drink, i'd take her to the ER vet. otherwise, i'd wait until the morning to see her regular vet. hope everything is okay with the sweet girl.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 5/31/2009, 8:19 pm

I'd probably wait and watch for a bit. If she continues shaking or gets worse, then you can head to the vet. Tell Co-Pilot she MUST be healthy so that I can meet her in a few days. hug dog
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 5/31/2009, 8:19 pm

I think I would just keep my eye on her too to see if she gets worse and/or won't eat. I know I would feel better with my own vet. Hope she feels better poor baby.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 5/31/2009, 8:42 pm

Whatever it is, I hope it's better.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 5/31/2009, 8:59 pm

I'm in the watch and wait camp. You're a smart enough pugmom to get her to the ER vet ASAP if she takes a turn for the worse, but she may either a) get better on her own, or b) get more specific symptoms that would help the vet pinpoint things more. I hope she's feeling better!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/31/2009, 9:37 pm

Thanks everyone, I took a nap and Scott watched her like a hawk, she just has been resting in her bed. No doubt she doesn't feel good, but I would rather see our regular vet, as long as she does not do the shaking thing again, we'll sit tight, the good news is the ER vet is just a couple minutes away.

Ugh, I wish she could tell me what's wrong!

I am going to see if she'll eat dinner and update later and Christy, I KNOW she must be well for our trip!
Sara
Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 5/31/2009, 9:48 pm

It is great that you have that ER vet so close by. It gives you the opportunity to watch her and play it by ear.

I'd be scared and overprotective too - it is hard not to be. I'll be anxious to hear about her dinner. I'm sure she's had it by now???

Thinking of you.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 5/31/2009, 10:03 pm

Okay she is eating her dinner, TOTAL PUG!

But she is shaking just ever so slightly again when I carried her out of bed and into the kitchen for dinner (She would have normally come willingly). So I am taking her to the ER vet, I just called and it's the same doctor we saw when she had her vaccine reaction. They said we could see our regular vet tomorrow, but not until 4:30pm and I don't want her to have to wait to get pain meds if she needs them :(
Sara
Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 5/31/2009, 10:06 pm

Poor co-pilot and mom. Thinking of you and waiting for an update. hug dog
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 5/31/2009, 10:24 pm

Poor Co-pilot. I know how scary that can be, one night I came home and Bailey was shaking like that, just ever so slightly. I finally realized she was unable to urinate, took her to the emergency vet and found out she had bladder stones. Poor dog, I was so glad I went in. She had surgery and was fine. So, I'm glad you guys went in to the vet! Hope it is nothing serious, maybe just a muscle strain. Will check back for an update.
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/31/2009, 10:39 pm

Hope all is okay!! hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 5/31/2009, 10:49 pm

Do you think she had a mild sezure?I hope she is ok poor girl...
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/31/2009, 11:02 pm

Poor Co-Pilot, hopefully it's nothing serious.

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 5/31/2009, 11:53 pm

Oh CP! What's up girl?

I've seen a dog shake like your describing before - and it was a pug. It happened about 12 hours after he had ingested some chocolate. But, that's the only time I've seen it happen in another dog. I hope the vet can get to the bottom of it.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 6/1/2009, 12:48 am

Well Co-Pilot has a little history of a back problem unfortunately, and the vet thinks she has Intervertebral disk (IVD) disease the way she responded to his tests which were physical manipulations and he did feel she was in pain, so he have us some anti-inflammatory, pain meds as needed and then dogs version of Pepcid for her stomach because the anti-inflammatory, can be hard on the stomach.

I am trying not to freak out because there is a good chance this will somewhat "go away" with rest, but it seems to already be a recurring problem which is so scary.

Please share if anyone knows anything. And by the way I am 99.9% certain she didn't get into anything, we always keep her confined to the room we are in and watch her like a hawk.
Sara
Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaW 6/1/2009, 12:57 am

Poor baby. I will keep her in my prayers. We feel so helpless when they aren't "right". I hope it just goes away. I wish they could talk to us. Take care Sara. Hugs to you & yours. ❤
LisaW
LisaW

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 6/1/2009, 1:15 am

Hope everything is okay. Hugs!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 6/1/2009, 5:54 am

I hope CP is back to normal soon. Prayers to you both.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 6/1/2009, 7:27 am

I hope the meds and some rest do the trick and CP is back to her old self soon. It's so hard when they're in pain and can't tell us what hurts. We'll keep her (and her mommy!) in our thoughts.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/1/2009, 7:46 am

Poor Co-Pilot. I hope the meds are working and she had a good night.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 6/1/2009, 7:59 am

Sara wrote:Well Co-Pilot has a little history of a back problem unfortunately, and the vet thinks she has Intervertebral disk (IVD) disease the way she responded to his tests which were physical manipulations and he did feel she was in pain, so he have us some anti-inflammatory, pain meds as needed and then dogs version of Pepcid for her stomach because the anti-inflammatory, can be hard on the stomach.

I am trying not to freak out because there is a good chance this will somewhat "go away" with rest, but it seems to already be a recurring problem which is so scary.

Please share if anyone knows anything. And by the way I am 99.9% certain she didn't get into anything, we always keep her confined to the room we are in and watch her like a hawk.

Basil had the same problem in the past. Every now and then, it flares up. We limit him from jumping on and off certain things. The anti-inflammatory worked well for him for a few days and then he was back to his normal self. Once she's through the acute episode, you may want to see a veterinary chiropractor. I know lots of people have recommended them. I haven't gone with Basil yet, but still might at some point, when I have more free time.

Hope Miss CP is feeling better with the meds now. Poor thing.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next