Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increasing Immunity??

3 posters

Go down

Increasing Immunity?? Empty Increasing Immunity??

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 6/1/2009, 10:32 am

Does anyone give their pugs supplements to increase immunity. Izzy has her second case of kennel cough in 2 months. Last time the vet said it was due to her decreased immunity from taking steroids/atopica. Of course she's off today but we'll be seeing her tomorrow and I'll be asking her the same question. Fortunately I have some cough meds left from last time but I want to get Izzy on an antibiotic so it doesn't turn into something worse.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Increasing Immunity?? Empty Re: Increasing Immunity??

Post  northernwitch 6/1/2009, 10:44 am

I live in the House of Compromised Immunity between Tank and Jem. I supplement with Moducare, Co Enzyme Q10, L-Glutamine and wild salmon oil. I don't use all three supplements together, but vary them. Mostly I use Moducare. You can get all three at the drug or health food store. The salmon oil I buy by the gallon on line and I give my guys 4 times the recommended amount--vet with some naturopathic leanings told me this could be done if increased slowly over time. Especially important with Tank and Jem's skin issues.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 6/1/2009, 10:49 am

northernwitch wrote:I live in the House of Compromised Immunity between Tank and Jem. I supplement with Moducare, Co Enzyme Q10, L-Glutamine and wild salmon oil. I don't use all three supplements together, but vary them. Mostly I use Moducare. You can get all three at the drug or health food store. The salmon oil I buy by the gallon on line and I give my guys 4 times the recommended amount--vet with some naturopathic leanings told me this could be done if increased slowly over time. Especially important with Tank and Jem's skin issues.

Thanks Blanche! She gets a squirt of 3V oil on her food twice a day so I think that would cover the fish oils but I'm going to check out the Moducare.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 6/1/2009, 12:16 pm

Moducare is great for anyone with a comprimised immune system. I give it to my FIV+ cat. I also give powdered Lysine which also helps a great deal.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum